Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:30 AM

263 posts, read 230,963 times

Advertisements

What are the best areas to check out artwork?

What are the best music venues, generally?

What are the roughest parts?

What are the least rough parts?

If I am relocating there, is it worth it to keep my vehicle?

Or is it walkable to any degree?

Thanks for your input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 03:20 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,234,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaNative_inCO View Post
All the city is an work of art.

There are hundreds of museums where you can appreciate art in all its forms, most are located in Centro Historico, Paseo de la Reforma and Polanco.

But you can not lose areas like Coyoacán, San Angel, La Condesa, Colonia Roma, ETC.

Quote:
I really don´t know, but others can tell you about that.

Quote:
Tepito, Morelos, Guerrero, Agricola Oriental, Ramos Millan, San Felipe de Jesus.

Quote:
Polanco, Santa Fe, Chapultepec, Paseo de la Reforma, Roma, La Condesa, Lomas, Coyoacán, Pedregal, San Angel, Insurgentes Sur.

Quote:
If I am relocating there, is it worth it to keep my vehicle?
No.

Quote:
Or is it walkable to any degree?
Is very walkable.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:29 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,409,857 times
Isn't the area called 'tepito" known as a place where people really like dancing to tropical music? I remember seeing something on tv about that.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:04 AM

Thank you so much @SenorChip

Old 04-22-2016, 12:10 PM

844 posts, read 1,064,308 times
Google (some options); INBA, Museo Soumaya, Munal, Castillo de Chapultepec, Museo Del Estanquillo, Museo Franz Mayer, Casa estudio Diego Rivera, Casa Frida Kalho.

Google; Auditorio Nacional, Palacio de las Bellas Artes, Arena Ciudad de Mexico, Palacio de los deportes.

Several, but there's no point talking about it, because more and likely as an expat or tourist you won't have to even go there.

The rich gravitate around Lomas de Chapultepec and Santa Fe. Several cool places to see and be seeing at are; Colonia Roma, Condesa, Polanco, Colonia del Valle, and along Reforma avenue. Also San Angel and Coyoacan.

If I am relocating there, is it worth it to keep my vehicle? Mexico city's public transportation system is so big and dense only NYC is bigger in the Americas. I'm a no car person, you don't need a car in MC but some just cannot function without having one.

Or is it walkable to any degree? Most of the city center can be done walking, taking public transportation or using a bike. Bear in mind the city is immense, so depending where you choose to visit/live you might or not need to walk.

Thanks for your input You welcome

Old 04-27-2016, 09:02 AM

Good stuff, people ^_^

Old 04-28-2016, 09:39 AM

983 posts, read 1,635,120 times
To add to the car question, it only makes sense if you will live in the burbs (Satelite, Lomas Verdes, Santa Fe, Chiluca, Zona Esmeralda, Ecatepec, among others). The service there is an absolute disaster, mostly provided by microbuses with no schedule and horrible and unsafe units. If you are in Mexico City proper, the metro, metrobus and the occasional cab/uber will do just fine. It does get super crowded at rush hour, though.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:13 PM

810 posts, read 667,992 times
there are parts of Mexico City that will make you think you're in Spain.. historic architecture, charming squares, outdoor cafes. Wish I had more time there. The driving was my biggest mistake by far and a real stressor. "Bus lanes" that are designated only by raised markers, chaotic roundabouts with no markings, people, bikes, and chickens spilling out into the street as buses speed by, terrible smell of foul emissions etc. I'd go back if I could find a decent fare from NC

Old 05-14-2016, 02:29 PM

@Collective

@tailsock

Thank you both for your insights

Old 04-12-2017, 12:05 PM

bump!

still looking into it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico