Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 09:52 PM

205 posts, read 409,797 times

Advertisements

Most Mexicans are a mix of Spanish and Native American. Most are more in the Native side but they wont say because they want to be more Spanish. Those horny Spanish bastards just banged all the half naked indian chicks that were running around and PRESTO!!! Mexicans were invented!!! Some states in the south of Mexico like Oaxaca are probably full Native American.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,135 times
How confused are the north Americans.. The Spanirds are white europeans. while the stating as colony in America the marriage Native americans (Indios), so stand the Mestizos. Back and the colonies years they were not Authoried to bring the Native americans to Spain...

So they are like you guys with the North Americans Indians. Who cares what race you are...

Last edited by Sunscape; 07-10-2015 at 04:55 AM..

Old 05-06-2015, 10:48 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
They belong to the human race so all Mexicans are humans.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:25 AM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,680 times
Humanity is a species, not a race.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:58 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
The title of the thread mentions ancestry some posters are quite confused and are discussing race.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:41 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco Orbaxto View Post
How confused are the north Americans.. The Spanirds are white europeans. while the stating as colony in America the marriage Native americans (Indios), so stand the Mestizos. Back and the colonies years they were not Authoried to bring the Native americans to Spain...

So they are like you guys with the North Americans Indians. Who cares what race you are... At the moment the white americans they are not so smart as the mixed americans..
wha....?

<mouth open>

Old 05-07-2015, 04:01 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
There is a young lady Executive in Mexico City that has my last name (no relation) and I'm 100% Hungarian.

We do get around...that's for sure and also a man in the Philipines with my last name also no relation.

There is an interesting thread that binds places like Mexico, Hungary and The Philipines. They at one time were all ruled by the great European Royal House of Habsburg! King Charles V ruled Austria and Hungary plus being Holy Roman Emperor and Defender of the Faith and as Carlos the I ruled Spain and all of its possessions. So it would not be surprising to find people (Germans, Belgians, Italians and even Filipinos showing up in other parts of that vast Empire. The Hapsburgs ruled places like Spanish Netherlands (Belgium), all of Germany part of the Holy Roman Empire, Spain, Austria, Hungary, Bohemia and Slovenia, The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, as well as the Americas, and the Philipines

Old 05-08-2015, 04:30 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,285 times
after spending considerable amount of time in spain and mexico I think over half of mexicans are largely indigenous if not pure indigenous

you can really see very strong indigenous features in a great number of mexicans, and very little spaniard or iberian.

while many mexicans look entirely iberian, a good and wide majority don't.

this idea that all mexicans are mestizos is more of a national unity kind of thing rather than a fact.... you can clearly see on mexico city's metro for example how indigenous a lot of them are.

let's do some math here:

mexico was the most inhabited part of the Americas when the europeans came in.... it is estimated that over 80 million people lived in today's mexico.

Cortez and his men turned the indigenous against one another (divide and conquer) and that is how spain took over the entire area where mexico is today..... how in the world did cortez and his men who were less than 500 managed to mix with over 80million indigenous people???? USE LOGIC HERE!!!

then many indigenous folks died from diseases but still that doesn't mean all mexicans are this 50/50 spain and indigenous thing so many claim to be, while some mixing occurred, the overwhelming indigenous blood eventually diluted the spanish admixture after a few generations.

there was some spanish immigration to mexico but it wasn't massive.... massive spanish immigration occurred in argentina, uruguay, cuba (where many are actual direct descendants of spaniards migrants)

the most exposure mexicans had with spaniards was during the colonial days, yes during franco some spaniards settled in mexico but it was in the thousands, not in the millions and they were sort of a community mostly around mexico city.

add to that the fact that the poorest in mexico were always the indigenous and those were also the ones who reproduce the most, and you can easily conclude that most mexicans are actually more indigenous that the general (all mestizos myth) claims.

to me it is largely a myth that mexicans are mestizos

to me mexicans, peruvians, bolivians, ecuadorians and most central americans are very largely indigenous.

to me mestizo implies those countries like venezuela, colombia, brazil, where there was a ton of mixing between the spaniards, the african slaves, the indigenous, the other europeans that try to took over (english french) etc. Notice how ambiguous most colombians, brazilians, venezuelans look in comparison to the average mexican who look rather indigenous.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:05 AM

491 posts, read 324,733 times
If I am not mistaken Mexicans are about:

25% natives
10% whites

and 65% mestizo (who obviously exist on a scale from heavily native to heavily white blood).

Old 05-08-2015, 12:30 PM

29 posts, read 30,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancestrycategorize View Post
I don't agree. They seem to be half half instead according to genetic studies

And sometimes 1/4 Africans too

Please the link for the genetic studies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico