Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 07:34 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times

Advertisements

Still think it's safe there?
I'm not buying that allll of these people are "drug dealers" either.
I suspect the Mexican govt. of saying that so tourism wont get affected.
- Six people were strangled to death and one decapitated in the southern Mexican tourist resort of Cancun on Sunday, the state's deputy attorney general said, in the latest mass killing to strike the city in the last few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
You think they were tourists?

Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
It's probably too early to know what happened with this incident ... we rarely ever know all of the "facts." But early reports, if the information is accurate, indicates the incident took place away from the tourist zone and did not involve tourists. More serious incidents take place which do involve tourists ... the drugging and rape of women, the robbery of drunken young men on holiday, disappeared persons, etc. The various travel advisories issued by some foreign governments (including from the USA) mention these things. But if I were thinking of visiting Cancun I wouldn't at all be worried about my safety because of the incident you speak of.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
- Six people were strangled to death and one decapitated in the southern Mexican tourist resort of Cancun on Sunday, the state's deputy attorney general said, in the latest mass killing to strike the city in the last few weeks.

Ever been to Mexico dude? Somehow I doubt it. I spent ten days walking through three cities there and had no trouble. Kids in Monterrey burst out laughing when I asked if the Zetas were fighting in the streets. I took 1100 pictures and not one has a cadaver. DF is statistically safer than Dallas.

Methinks this is just more fear spam from a Nebraska bunker. It should be removed.

Here's the Mexico I saw with my own eyes. But believe what you to. I think paranoia gives some people seratonin rushes.

IMG_5477 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 04-15-2013, 01:34 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
It's not like the bodies were found in the actual resort area--they were found in a shack on the outskirts of the city of Cancun. It's like there could be five murders in the southside of Chicago and tourists up on the Magnificent Mile wouldn't be worrying about that. Or tourists in Miami Beach aren't concerned about what happens in Opa Locka. Cancun is actually a pretty large city, yet most tourists never see anything outside of the hotel zone--which is on a isthmus across from the main city.

Quote:
I'm not buying that allll of these people are "drug dealers" either.[/i][/url]
So you have don't have any acutal proof though that they weren't--do you?

Old 04-15-2013, 02:24 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Ever been to Mexico dude? Somehow I doubt it. I spent ten days walking through three cities there and had no trouble. Kids in Monterrey burst out laughing when I asked if the Zetas were fighting in the streets. I took 1100 pictures and not one has a cadaver. DF is statistically safer than Dallas.

Methinks this is just more fear spam from a Nebraska bunker. It should be removed.

Here's the Mexico I saw with my own eyes. But believe what you to. I think paranoia gives some people seratonin rushes.

IMG_5477 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It's nice that you enjoyed your visit, but I don't think a mere 10 day trip which took you to 3 cities prepares you to be proclaiming all is well in Mexico ... just because you didn't encounter/see any problems. That there is a war underway which includes terrorism, mass murders and other associated crimes and which has taken about 200,000 lives over the course of 15 years is a fact ... not Hollywood-originated fantasy. Keeping it all in perspective is the challenge, however. As for censoring the OPs comments: we do have the choice to ignore what was written, but we didn't. People coming along after us will have the same opportunity. Each determines the value of information to him/herself.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:46 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,341,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
It's nice that you enjoyed your visit, but I don't think a mere 10 day trip which took you to 3 cities prepares you to be proclaiming all is well in Mexico ... just because you didn't encounter/see any problems. That there is a war underway which includes terrorism, mass murders and other associated crimes and which has taken about 200,000 lives over the course of 15 years is a fact ... not Hollywood-originated fantasy. Keeping it all in perspective is the challenge, however. As for censoring the OPs comments: we do have the choice to ignore what was written, but we didn't. People coming along after us will have the same opportunity. Each determines the value of information to him/herself.

As usual you begin insulting and denigrating Mexico. Foreigners are rarely bothered in Mexico. This incident in Cancun was between competing drug sellers and it didn't happen close the the tourist areas. Cancun is a large city not some little village where anything that happens is seen by the whole village.

Tourist in the U.S. have a better chance of being a victim of crime than tourists do in Mexico.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:34 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I respect your opinion because I know you've walked it like you talk it. My guess is the OP does not have such credentials. It's the ignorance bred by propaganda I despise.

By the OP's formula, I guess Boston has just catapulted up to be one of the world's most dangerous cities?

Old 04-16-2013, 01:01 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
Tourist in the U.S. have a better chance of being a victim of crime than tourists do in Mexico.
Source?

Old 04-16-2013, 07:07 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,386 times
Quote:
Those guys in Mexico can bring the ruckus in a big way. I doff my hat to them. I disagree with all crime, but they do 'man up'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico