Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,067 times

Advertisements

I have family in Mexico, and so does my wife, myself both in Mexico City and Morelia (Michoacan) in northern Mexico as well. With that said, let me tell you that the Mexican working class, the ones that are teachers, educators, also the laborers, the ones that are in nursing.. also people that are into construction work, laborers.. let me tell you that they frown upon the Spaniard conquest, they make fun of anyone that considers themselves European, they're skin is as brown and dark as their ancestral indigenous fathers. And that right there is about the majority in Mexico. Dont let the internet educate you. Take a trip to Oaxaca, or Chiapas, even in the north, Coahuila.. Tamaulipas.. let yourself be free before you make a decision whether or not you want to disregard your Mexican background, for which not only is it indigenous but also Arabic through the Spanish ancestral Moors from Morocco that inhabited Spain for over 700 years. Don't be afraid to do some soul searching before you make that decision. Look into a humbled old mans eyes through the sweat on his forehead from a days long work in Mexico City with his dark skin as dark as the Mexica Warriors that roamed our lands before the Spanish conquistadores stole our identity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 02:37 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Why do you have "self hate " you call yourself an Aztec Warrior .

Old 01-23-2018, 04:07 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,234,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Because he hates spaniards. It's something like inverted racism.

For him it would have been better for the Aztecs to survive pure to this day. But in reality it was not the Spaniards who exterminated them but the plague.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:06 PM

12,043 posts, read 8,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercad55 View Post
Most Mexicans have African blood as well
No, this isn't accurate. People who could be identified as Afro-Mexicans are concentrated in a few

areas but the individuals with significantly high amounts of African ancestry make up a very low

percentage of the total Mexican population, the majority being recent black immigrants from Africa, the

Caribbean and elsewhere in the Americas.

The majority of Mexicans are Indigenous, Mestizo, generally referring to a mixture of Indigenous and

European, and European Mexicans.

OP, I feel sad reading your post. And I feel angry that you seem to have experienced pressure to create

an identity that is supposed to satisfy others.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:50 AM

249 posts, read 283,171 times
I just like facts and debunking half truths most have been told. Spreading the word to all, anyone who doesn't like so what

Old 01-25-2018, 09:48 AM

12,043 posts, read 8,425,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercad55 View Post
I just like facts and debunking half truths most have been told. Spreading the word to all, anyone who doesn't like so what
Here you go, Kiddo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Mexico

These are United Nations statistics unless you have the secret hidden facts.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:52 PM

983 posts, read 1,634,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
Because he hates spaniards. It's something like inverted racism.

For him it would have been better for the Aztecs to survive pure to this day. But in reality it was not the Spaniards who exterminated them but the plague.
The craziest thing is that the Aztecs were not the only group in pre-Columbine Mexico. A lot of other kingdoms were subjugated to them, had to pay tribute and sometimes even men for human sacrifices. What if his indigenous DNA was traced back to one of these? His ancestors would be so disappointed by his chosen username.

Oh well...

Old 01-25-2018, 03:10 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,234,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
The craziest thing is that the Aztecs were not the only group in pre-Columbine Mexico. A lot of other kingdoms were subjugated to them, had to pay tribute and sometimes even men for human sacrifices. What if his indigenous DNA was traced back to one of these? His ancestors would be so disappointed by his chosen username.

Oh well...
that would be hilarious

Old 01-31-2018, 11:57 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 932,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I am not Mexican but I dated a Mexican-American man three times (and we may even get married at the end... it's complicated lol we can't stay away from one another) and I never witnessed any anti-Indigenous sentiments whatsoever in fact the opposite, I've seen lots of Mexicans who proudly identify with their Native roots wether they are Mayan or Apache or Navajo, what have you. Most Mexicans are not white and I don't see how you have come to the conclusion that they wanna be white. Many are perfectly happy embracing both sides of their racial coin.
Meet my relatives on my Dad side...they can pass as white in the Southern Europe sense. Although, I do hate how some Mexicans in Mexico like to emphasize only their European side (my step mom and her family....they are actually embarrassed to be seen in public with me in their hometown because I am a little bit darker amd have a more ambiguous racial look). And then there is the pure or mostly Amerindian descent Mexican Americans who refuse to accept I am Mexican because I am not brown enough in their eyes (I have light brown or tan skin tone...but this is deemed too light for Latino stereotypical "standards") and and have Caucasian traits (bigger nose, average height, and caucasoid head shape) that they think I am Middle Eastern, North African, or Central Asian.....morons. And I am mestizo (a person of mixed European and Amerindian descent).

Mexicans can be any color or height.

Last edited by FBF; 02-01-2018 at 12:09 AM..

Old 02-01-2018, 06:59 AM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
I think he is saying that self-hate may be the root of all hate.

You never wanted to kick yourself in the butt?

And I bet that if people around you hate you, you could develop a bad case of self-hate, and exhibit it before others. What you give a kid is usually exactly what they give you back; not always; but mostly; it is bothersome to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico