Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 09:48 PM

24 posts, read 154,207 times

Advertisements

hey everyone,

Are there any apartments that are lenient when it comes to moving in? Reason I ask is because our credit is not great, somewhere around the 585 range. Also, we're full time students and we don't already have jobs lined up, we're moving out there from AZ. I'd like to stay under 1000. If you know of any apartment names or street names where apts like this are located let me know and I can google them.
I guess you would really only know if you were a broke college student like myself or just broke period but seriously, any help would be great!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 09:52 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
hey everyone,

Are there any apartments that are lenient when it comes to moving in? Reason I ask is because our credit is not great, somewhere around the 585 range. Also, we're full time students and we don't already have jobs lined up, we're moving out there from AZ. I'd like to stay under 1000. If you know of any apartment names or street names where apts like this are located let me know and I can google them.
I guess you would really only know if you were a broke college student like myself or just broke period but seriously, any help would be great!
Thanks!
I have a friend who got into a not beautiful, but clean 1 bedroom apartment in a nice part of the Hollywood area for 775 a month!His situation was similar to yours, and this particular example was on Harrison Street.All normal people/college students were living in the somewhat shabby but clean apartments, and the building seemed to be quiet. The Hollywood area a little east of U.S.1 is full of safe, decent apartments for under 1000 a month with decent landlords who give good guys a break. If you were looking to locate IN Miami, I am sure a few others can give suggestions.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:59 PM

Check Craigslist as well and call around,its probably the best resource you can find.

Oh, and the job market is not wonderful here. Just a warning.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 07-14-2007 at 10:08 PM..

Old 07-14-2007, 10:09 PM

24 posts, read 154,207 times
Cool thanks. yeah I was looking to move IN Miami, but if memory serves me correctly Hollywood is like really close to the dade/broward line right? So that would be cool. hopefully I wont have a horrible commute. I'm planning to go to MDC first though for a bit since I'm out of state and the out of state fees are astronomical. But thanks for that.
Yeah, I've been to craigslist and I like to try to reference what I'm seeing on craigslist with actual people's opinions. Thanks for that!
I've also been using apartmentratings.com
thanks guys

Old 07-14-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Cool thanks. yeah I was looking to move IN Miami, but if memory serves me correctly Hollywood is like really close to the dade/broward line right? So that would be cool. hopefully I wont have a horrible commute. I'm planning to go to MDC first though for a bit since I'm out of state and the out of state fees are astronomical. But thanks for that.
Yeah, I've been to craigslist and I like to try to reference what I'm seeing on craigslist with actual people's opinions. Thanks for that!
I've also been using apartmentratings.com
thanks guys
I would actually not recommend complexes. Those little apartment buildings are cheaper usually. Hollywood is about 4-5 miles from the county line and not far from MDC North Campus so thats good. But out of curiosity, why MDC?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:33 PM

2,086 posts, read 7,645,432 times
You can also check Off-Campus Housing | University of Miami (http://www.sa.miami.edu/off-campus-services/off-campus-housing/frmSearch.aspx - broken link) as well if you're looking in the South Miami/Coral Gables/Kendall areas. You are definitely going to want to figure out which MDC campus you'll be attending, and go from there. Things seem like they aren't that far apart on the map, but that can be very deceiving once you actually have to do the drive.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:01 PM

4 posts, read 27,486 times
hi Muffin,

i'm in your same situation. i recieved a full scholarship to attend grad school at barry university and i'm looking around for cheap, affordable, but nice, safe, and clean apartments. i'm not having any luck looking at all. but i've been looking on the internet for places and here is what i've found....please if anybody can tell me if these are safe areas or not, i'd really appreciate it!

Tuscany Place
25400 Southwest 137th Avenue, Homestead, FL 33032..this is a brand new, gated apartment community with a one-bedroom starting at $661 a month...these apartments are so beautiful, landscaping is really nice but i keep hearing homestead is a bad area to live

Los Suenos
500 Northwest 36 Street, Miami, FL 33127...these condos are brand new and actually finished 2007, but located in downtown miami, gated access, with security...i heard these condos cater to low-income familes though...1 bedroom starts at $606.00 a month.

The Corinthian
7705 Northwest 22 Avenue, Miami, FL 33147...brand new apartment community, 1 bedoom starts at 605.00 a month. but my friend said this area is close to Florida City, which is the hood

Racquet Club
777 Northwest 155th Lane, North Miami, FL 33169...dont' know much about this...located in North Miami...the building does not look too appealing to me...1 bedroom starts at 700.00

Pinnacle View Apartments
225 NE 23rd Street, Miami, FL 33137...located in north miami....2 bedroom starts at 449.00-714.00 a month. gated access and brand new

Monterey Pointe
1400 East Mowry Drive, Homestead, FL 33030...1 bedroom is 609.00 per month...brand new gated apartment community...the apartments are very nice, but again, this community is in homestead, and i hear awful things about the town...

i'd REALLY appreciate advice or feedback on these apartments...whatever you can tell me!....

Old 07-22-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
I have a friend who got into a not beautiful, but clean 1 bedroom apartment in a nice part of the Hollywood area for 775 a month!His situation was similar to yours, and this particular example was on Harrison Street.All normal people/college students were living in the somewhat shabby but clean apartments, and the building seemed to be quiet. The Hollywood area a little east of U.S.1 is full of safe, decent apartments for under 1000 a month with decent landlords who give good guys a break. If you were looking to locate IN Miami, I am sure a few others can give suggestions.
what area are you looking in?? and what college are you going to? my friends tell me to look in south broward or nearby areas like plantation, sunrise, pembroke pines....Barry is in the Miami Shores area, and i am desperately trying to find areas and places to live too...that are nice, clean, and affordable....i will get my masters in a year and a half, so i think i can tolerate living in south florida for that period of time lol

Old 07-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanel345 View Post
what area are you looking in?? and what college are you going to? my friends tell me to look in south broward or nearby areas like plantation, sunrise, pembroke pines....Barry is in the Miami Shores area, and i am desperately trying to find areas and places to live too...that are nice, clean, and affordable....i will get my masters in a year and a half, so i think i can tolerate living in south florida for that period of time lol
I already live here...Thanks for your advice though, I was giving HIM advice, LOL!

Old 07-22-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
I already live here...Thanks for your advice though, I was giving HIM advice, LOL!
OOPS!! LOL you can tell i am new to this site! lol sorry haha...i meant to quote the original poster lol...any advice you can give is truly helpful! i need it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami