Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:15 AM

389 posts, read 1,084,756 times

Advertisements

I don't get it. We see these commercials all the time yet there are none of the above mentioned fast food restaurants by here. The closest one is a new Sonic they opened in Homestead aside from one in Palm Beach county. What's up with that? Anyone know if they are planningon opening any of these restaurants locally in Miami or even Broward?

Just seems weird.

I for one am hoping one day they bring a White Castle down here. I love those little burgers!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 11:27 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,269,437 times
hardees you find in north florida. there MIGHT be one in central florida but i dont know.
i've never seen a red robin in the state. i just know them from california.
ive been to the sonic twice in homestead which isnt far from me. its ok. nothing to write home about.
theyre more common in central florida.
as far as white castle is concerned the closest you get to it in the state is krystal burger in central florida. i know there is one in ocala.
i just wish we'd get a sweet tomatos down here. i love that place and we visit it everytime we're in broward.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:13 PM

1,502 posts, read 2,669,205 times
I live out in the woods and have them both right next to me...you know little man loves it when he comes up. I'll ask him next time I see him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboUSMC17 View Post
I don't get it. We see these commercials all the time yet there are none of the above mentioned fast food restaurants by here. The closest one is a new Sonic they opened in Homestead aside from one in Palm Beach county. What's up with that? Anyone know if they are planningon opening any of these restaurants locally in Miami or even Broward?

Just seems weird.

I for one am hoping one day they bring a White Castle down here. I love those little burgers!!!

Old 07-18-2011, 12:27 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,138,702 times
I remember there used to be a Kyrstal Burger in Ft. Lauderdale of I-95. I want to say there was evena sign advertising it, maybe this was 5 years ago. The reason I remember is that I was driving with a friend who was originally from Chicago and had lived ehre for like 15 years and didn't know we had Krystals over here...so we got off...and he was so disappointed with it and they put a whole bunch of onions on the burger. Well in any event, it didn't appeal to me either, and at the time the place was new, I don't know if it exists anymore though. It was the only one I ever knew of in SoFla.

Regarding Sonic, we USED to have them, years ago. There was one at NW 103 and NW 7 St I believe. If you drive by today, it is still the same drive in type building but with a different, non chain restaurant.

I was also at a Hardee's once in Ft. Myers....it wasn't that great IMO.

I think chains advertise nationally, figuring they get better recognition and are probably planning on growing countrywise as time progresses.

BTW I think Sonic burgers taste like what school lunch hamburgers tasted like....gross. Served in a little baggie too...

Old 07-18-2011, 12:28 PM

1,502 posts, read 2,669,205 times
lol @ sonic.....it's not that bad eh?

Hardee's I agree there...that sucker tastes dry and burnt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
I remember there used to be a Kyrstal Burger in Ft. Lauderdale of I-95. I want to say there was evena sign advertising it, maybe this was 5 years ago. The reason I remember is that I was driving with a friend who was originally from Chicago and had lived ehre for like 15 years and didn't know we had Krystals over here...so we got off...and he was so disappointed with it and they put a whole bunch of onions on the burger. Well in any event, it didn't appeal to me either, and at the time the place was new, I don't know if it exists anymore though. It was the only one I ever knew of in SoFla.

Regarding Sonic, we USED to have them, years ago. There was one at NW 103 and NW 7 St I believe. If you drive by today, it is still the same drive in type building but with a different, non chain restaurant.

I was also at a Hardee's once in Ft. Myers....it wasn't that great IMO.

I think chains advertise nationally, figuring they get better recognition and are probably planning on growing countrywise as time progresses.

BTW I think Sonic burgers taste like what school lunch hamburgers tasted like....gross. Served in a little baggie too...

Old 07-18-2011, 12:29 PM

we lost our arby's about a year ago.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:32 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
I've always believed i can make a better burger at home rather than go to these fast food joints, go to your local supermarket and get a pound or two of medium hamburger, then create some magic of your own,i'll bring the beer

Old 07-18-2011, 12:35 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
Usually commercials are bought by location. Maybe the commercial spot was for all of Florida or all of the Southeast???? I thought there was a Hardees in Hollywood? The Sonic in Homestead is new, they had one years ago that shut down, so hopefully this time this one makes it. Red Robin is like and Applebees.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I've always believed i can make a better burger at home rather than go to these fast food joints, go to your local supermarket and get a pound or two of medium hamburger, then create some magic of your own,i'll bring the beer
theres a really tasty burger at that restaurant at cauley square (not the tea room) that other lunch place. best burger ive had in a long time and all i had was a bite of what my girlfriend ordered and made me wish i had ordered it myself.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:38 PM

389 posts, read 1,084,756 times
Well according to Krystal's wensite, the one in FTL still exists. Google even has it on their street view. I've heard that if you ask for the burgers without mustard they taste exactly like White Castle.

Yeah Sonic really isn't a big deal. We've gone when up in Orlando. Still would be nice to have more variety.

I live in P. Pines but spend a lot of time in Miami, and I live fairly close to the Sweet Tomatos here on Pines Blvd. but have never tried it.

I've contacted White Castle corp. office a few times and inquired about them opening up a restaurant here. Since they are not a franchise though, they said they are expanding slowly. Sucks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami