Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 02:26 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times

Advertisements

I don't get what all the In N Out hype is about. It is decent, but nothing orgasmic to cause the cult like following. The menu is very limited...but I think it is more about the hype and it can't live up to its mystical reputation spread across the country to places afar without them.

I like Jack in the Box too, they have them in South and North Carolina...hopefully they will expand as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 02:30 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
You really think so? I travel to LA a few times a year obviously IN N OUT paradise I try to go a couple a times even if I am there just for a few days. But from my understanding IN N OUT owners care very much about their product and that is the main reason they will not expand much because they want all their locations within one day of ground shipping of their food suppliers. I think if they do expand to the East which they would make SO MUCH MONEY they should, they would open up another distribution center in South Carolina or something like that.

Five Guys started in the DC area and when I first moved to DC for college they were just starting to franchise out. A year later there was a bunch in Miami and all of them I have been to have been great! Just as good or even better then the many locations I have been to in the DC area. So it is possible to franchise out and do a good job. I would love to have an IN N OUT in Miami and even would love to own it more! We shall see but if it does come to Miami one day I think we are at least a few years away.

the owners of the franchises care about quality but the the children of the original founders who are inheriting the franchise could care less. they dont want anything to do with it other than maximize profit regardless of quality. there was a big scandalous article in the LA Times about the future of the franchise last christmas. the franchise owners are all worried too. its a bummer.

i'm not a fan of five guys. they plaster their walls with newspaper articles of how awesome they are. anybody who tries to promote their own hype like that immediately makes me skeptical. i find their food incredibly greasy.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:44 PM

389 posts, read 1,084,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
There is an Arbys on 163rd street a bit west of Biscayne. I was there a few weeks ago. So that one is still there.

All I want is an IN N OUT but we all know that wont happen for a long time. The furthest East they go is Texas.

There is a sonic in Delray and Homestead either has one or will have one soon. But a bunch of them are supposed to open up in Miami-Dade in the next 2 years or so. At least an article I read said so.
There is an Arby's on Okeechobee right off the exit on the Palmetto in Hialeah and another Arby's on Pines Blvd next to the mall.

The Sonic has already opened in Homestead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
you may get your wish about in-and-out soon.
unfortunately the heirs of the franchise couldnt care less about the quality factor or the franchise itself so they will most likely expand it rapidly but which will simultaneously diminish quality.

what i'd really like would be a jack in the box down here but i'm happy we have chickfila.
That is another franchise I've seen commercials of in the past, Jack in the Box".

Quote:
i dont think pollo loco would do well in south florida. we dont have much of a demand for mexican food here and the mexican population out in the redlands will just make it themselves. my dad wont stop talking about pollo tropical. anytime they visit they have to eat there. its also pretty damn healthy yet tasty which californians would love.
I think it's more like wanting something you can't have type of deal. That is the main reason I want White Castle here soooo bad!! When I lived in NYC it wasn't much of a big deal. Now that I can't have it, I miss it. Same thing with Roy Rogers.

Quote:
i'm not a fan of five guys. they plaster their walls with newspaper articles of how awesome they are. anybody who tries to promote their own hype like that immediately makes me skeptical. i find their food incredibly greasy.
Not a big fan of Five Guys either. Don't see what the big deal is.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:55 PM

420 posts, read 823,615 times
Sonic tastes like garbage. Luckily they aren't in Miami

Old 07-18-2011, 04:12 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
I don't get what all the In N Out hype is about. It is decent, but nothing orgasmic to cause the cult like following. The menu is very limited...but I think it is more about the hype and it can't live up to its mystical reputation spread across the country to places afar without them.

I like Jack in the Box too, they have them in South and North Carolina...hopefully they will expand as well.
The menu is limited but there are plenty of things you can do to the burgers and fries that are not on the menu you just have to look online and see their "secret" menu. I think it is pretty good, I am sure if I had it here in Miami I would not like it as much as I feel with Five Guys now. But it is good.

Quote:
the owners of the franchises care about quality but the the children of the original founders who are inheriting the franchise could care less. they dont want anything to do with it other than maximize profit regardless of quality. there was a big scandalous article in the LA Times about the future of the franchise last christmas. the franchise owners are all worried too. its a bummer.

I like their burgers and fries, I know what your talking about with the grease but they use peanut oil so the grease isnt really too bad for you etc.. I enjoy in once a month or so.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:13 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,899,594 times
We used to have a Hardees in the shopping center on Kendall and 107th. I think I remember it being just like McD's ad BK. Wasn't Jack in the Box the one that had some food poisoning problem or E coli? I remember something about that some years ago. Has anyone tried the new burger place in Town and Country on Kendall and 117th or Palms shopping center - whatever it's called now?

Old 07-18-2011, 04:37 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Yeah they got me with the hype over Xmas, their burger was nothing special,overpriced and the service was lousy ,they wont get me again..

Old 07-18-2011, 05:00 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
Oh and I just remembered...those In N Out fries were plain nasty. I know they have the natural taste and it may be sad that I don't appreciate it, but they taste bland and get soggy fast since they are fresh cut. The burgers are good overall, but like I said, I think that chain lives off of hype and nostalgia.

I think they will be like 5 guys outside of Cali...people were swarm it at first because it's new and neat when it comes to town, but long run I think the limited mmenu or hidden secret menu won't fly with people who aren't loyalists. But I could be wrong, let's see how they do in Texas, they have an over 100 page thread about it opening in Dallas lol!

Last edited by Chelito23; 07-18-2011 at 05:09 PM..

Old 07-18-2011, 05:03 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,267,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Oh and I just remember...those In N Out fries were plain nasty. I know they have the natural taste and it may be sad that I don't appreciate it, but they are bland and soggy fast since they are fresh cut. The burgers are good overall, but like I said, I think that chain lives off of hype and nostalgia.

I think they will be like 5 guys outside of Cali...people were swarm it at first because it's new and neat when it comes to town, but long run I think the limited mmenu or hidden secret menu won't fly with people who are loyalists. But I could be wrong, let's see how they do in Texas, they have an over 100 page thread about it going to Dallas lol!

its sacrilege for a californian to say it but i agree with you on the fries.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:22 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Maybe those places are not around everywhere because people here have better taste in their food.

Go up north to the "South", and you will find them everywhere, along with the fat slobbery hogs outside chowing away before they go to Walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami