Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 02:41 AM

14 posts, read 46,027 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are relocating to Miami from London. We have 2 children age 6 and 4 years. My 6 year old has had a great education in London for past 2 years and I want to be sure to continue this. We are looking to relocate but schooling is most important. Which are the best Private Elementary schools in this area and how do they compare to a school like Pinecrest Elementary? Help!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 03:28 PM

14 posts, read 46,027 times
Gulliver, Westminster Christian, Carollton, Epiphany are the elementary schools that have been mentioned to me, any comments on these...help!

Old 03-25-2012, 03:34 AM

9,363 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saraleee View Post
Gulliver, Westminster Christian, Carollton, Epiphany are the elementary schools that have been mentioned to me, any comments on these...help!

"Dispense with the education of the schools and have good masters at home instead."

Saraleee, this topic has been beaten to death over the past 3-4 years, please do a forum search.

My own opinion is that they are all overpriced for the mediocre curricula that they offer and their worth is highly questionable, as obviously you are doing. The problem is, of course, that in most cases public schools are downscale from mediocre. There are some exceptions, of course.

I can only suggest that if you don't mind throwing up to $20,000+ per year at a mediocre private school, then choose the one that is the best "cultural" fit for you, your children, and your family. Either that or search for a magnet/charter school that may meet some of your criteria, or just stick to Pinecrest public if you can tolerate the public school culture.

If education of your children is absolutely top priority, you must deeply question a move to Miami, especially from such a cosmopolitan city as London. (Miami is not exactly provincial, but it is not 360-degree cosmopolitan, maybe around 180-225 degrees.)

On the other hand, with dedicated parental involvement, you can overcome the school system's weaknesses, and your children will mostly likely be just fine.

Good Luck!

Last edited by bale002; 03-25-2012 at 03:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami