Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:50 PM

31 posts, read 117,059 times

Advertisements

We've all heard the news about the 'cooling' market of S. FL. and seen all the "For Sale" signs go up....and stay up.

Are you trying to sell, and how long has yours been on the market??

We just put ours for sale, with plans to move out of the area, but I'm afraid it's going to take alot of patience.....

Has anyone succeeded????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 02:53 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteBoundfromMiami View Post
We've all heard the news about the 'cooling' market of S. FL. and seen all the "For Sale" signs go up....and stay up.

Are you trying to sell, and how long has yours been on the market??

We just put ours for sale, with plans to move out of the area, but I'm afraid it's going to take alot of patience.....

Has anyone succeeded????
The houses here seem to be going pretty quick in this area. I'm don't have my house on the market, and not that many do, but it seems if one goes up on sale, it still goes pretty quickly. Now mind you, it's not going as quickly as 2005, but they don't seem to be sitting for more than 4 months. This is in the Weston area, but this is a very desirable pocket and not too many are moving in the first place. The prices are taking a little bit of a decline, though.

I do wish you luck on your quest into Charlotte!

Old 07-16-2007, 03:00 PM

Default thanks

Thank you.

A few months ago, I just got fed up with alot of the problems of Miami, but then I realized that any big city will have problems, and that Miami (and moreso for other parts of S. Florida) does have alot to offer, but with a giant price tag. That makes it extra hard for younger folks....(I'm 29, DH is 36, and we have 3 kids...)

Anyway, thanks for the response...

Old 07-16-2007, 03:01 PM

Default btw

I meant to add, we live in Miami-Dade....Westchester area. It's very central, but consequently, the homes are a bit more aged....

Old 07-16-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Thank you.

A few months ago, I just got fed up with alot of the problems of Miami, but then I realized that any big city will have problems, and that Miami (and moreso for other parts of S. Florida) does have alot to offer, but with a giant price tag. That makes it extra hard for younger folks....(I'm 29, DH is 36, and we have 3 kids...)

Anyway, thanks for the response...
Absolutely. I am rather (ok, very young) myself, and I might eventually have to go out of state for career opportunities. It is so expensive, and honestly, if I had children, I would not raise them anywhere in South Florida unless I had a LOT of money, and even then, I would only pick a couple limited sections of Broward or Palm Beach County. I think if you are a young professional who has already made it, this can be a cool place, but its definitely not a place to start out or raise a family in general, unless like I said, you have the money.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I meant to add, we live in Miami-Dade....Westchester area. It's very central, but consequently, the homes are a bit more aged....
Ehhh, Westchester, that will be a tough market...I definitely wish you luck!

Old 07-16-2007, 03:15 PM

564 posts, read 1,900,699 times
Any house will sell if its priced at or below what its worth. So if you're not asking something ridiculous, it will sell quickly. If you want the 2004-2005 ridiculous price tag, then you will sit on it for a longgggg time.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:19 PM

9,364 posts, read 14,309,828 times
I have been following closely some of the best neighborhoods in southern Palm Beach County and northern Broward.

As everyone knows, inventory is in the thousands. A large portion of asking prices, however, is still at or near 2005 peak prices. On a small percentage of houses for sale, I see price reductions of up to $80k for 3/2 or 4/2, middle class type areas. Only the most competitively priced houses sell. The ones still at peak asking prices I see on the MLS for nearly a year now, in some cases even more. In some neighborhoods, the last comparable price is from 2005.

In short, your best chance of selling is to do good research on your neighborhood and be competitive on price.

Good luck!

Old 07-16-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I have been following closely some of the best neighborhoods in southern Palm Beach County and northern Broward.

As everyone knows, inventory is in the thousands. A large portion of asking prices, however, is still at or near 2005 peak prices. On a small percentage of houses for sale, I see price reductions of up to $80k for 3/2 or 4/2, middle class type areas. Only the most competitively priced houses sell. The ones still at peak asking prices I see on the MLS for nearly a year now.

In short, your best chance of selling is to do good research on your neighborhood and be competitive on price.

Good luck!
They seem to take about a 20k dip around here in SW Sunrise/Weston before they sell. The townhomes that were selling for the 170s a couple years ago are in the 300s now. The cheapest I have seen one go for is 240, and it was a gov't home.

Last edited by scirocco22; 07-29-2007 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: poster requested edit

Old 07-16-2007, 04:12 PM

9,364 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
They seem to take about a 20k dip around here in SW Sunrise/Weston before they sell. I guess I live in a good area...seriously, these townhomes that were selling for the 170s a couple years ago are in the 300s now. The cheapest I have seen one go for is 240, and it was a gov't home.
I see the same. The lowest prices in absolute for SFHs in Broward are, for the most part, down the central swathe of the County, parts of Pompano Beach, Lauderhill, Lauderdale Lakes, and Fort Lauderdale itself and Hollywood between I-95 and the Turnpike.

I follow a few neighborhoods in Miami-Dade, but south of Westchester. That's why I suggest to the OP to get the know the neighborhood well and price competitively, perhaps 10% below the lowest comparable competitor. There are many online tools you can access to do this, do not rely on a realtor only to do this for you.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami