Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:23 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,941,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I like the idea, but the reasoning is wrong. People do not buy BMW's, Benz's, Audi's, and other over the price of a Fiesta car because they hate cars and dislike driving, Many in the US and in Miami love driving. If the place was so anti-car, there would not be so many higher priced cars running around, it would be some coutnries in Europe where they would buy the basic bones car to go from A to B.
So I guess none of those thousands of people who take the Metrorail to Heat games own BMW's, Benz's, or Audi's, and they all hate driving as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 09:58 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Quote:
I like the idea, but the reasoning is wrong. People do not buy BMW's, Benz's, Audi's, and other over the price of a Fiesta car because they hate cars and dislike driving, Many in the US and in Miami love driving. If the place was so anti-car, there would not be so many higher priced cars running around, it would be some coutnries in Europe where they would buy the basic bones car to go from A to B.
There will still be parking, and there is plenty of parking near by but citicenter is looking towards the future which will certainly only become more dense and urban. They are trying to set the precedent.

Also people in Europe don't drive as nice as cars because a $35,000 BMW in the states cost $60,000 in europe, taxes and prices there are insane.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:39 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times
Quote:
boxus

To be fair, do they have a choice? Not like we have stellar mass transit that gives us a choice? Also in NYC you have tons of people driving around in nice cars. You also have tons taking mass transit. It doesn't have to be a either/or proposition.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
After seeing what I wrote, I mis-stated my intent, no wonder I got the replies I did! Not only that, I mis-read the article (that is what I get for doing spreadsheets for six hours straight).

So disregard my previous post.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:25 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times
Quote:
After seeing what I wrote, I mis-stated my intent, no wonder I got the replies I did! Not only that, I mis-read the article (that is what I get for doing spreadsheets for six hours straight).

So disregard my previous post.
I know the feeling brother!

Old 08-06-2012, 12:46 PM

245 posts, read 662,830 times
I've got a feeling they might have given up on the underground parking thing.......all the freezing units they had plugged in the ground to freeze the earth are now gone and the hole they had dug after freezing the ground is now all full of water......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami