Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 AM

249 posts, read 419,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjawodfc View Post
1. You don't need to write "non-Hispanic white". There's no such thing as a white Hispanic.
2. If people whose native language is Spanish can speak English, there's no reason they shouldn't speak English, the OFFICIAL language of the state of Florida. And if they CAN'T speak English, they shouldn't be here.
1. Wrong
2. ***MOD CUT***

Watch what you say. ***MOD CUT***

Last edited by doggiebus; 06-13-2013 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Personal attacks not allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 11:47 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Look, the next time someone from South America claims Europeanes and the person ain't east asian, ask him/her blood type. Most likely, mestizos or amerindians tend to have blood type O.
The most common blood type for all humans is type O+; has nothing to do specifically with mestizos or amerindians.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjawodfc View Post
1. You don't need to write "non-Hispanic white". There's no such thing as a white Hispanic.
2. If people whose native language is Spanish can speak English, there's no reason they shouldn't speak English, the OFFICIAL language of the state of Florida. And if they CAN'T speak English, they shouldn't be here.
As others have posted, there is such thing as a white-Hispanic. Hispanic is an ethnic group (regarding US political identity), while white is the racial group. A person can be of any race and be Hispanic.

The ignorance of your second statement is no surprise given the ignorance of your first statement.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:24 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,108,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
"preserving your cultural heritage"
um, if you're so desperate to cling to ur cultural heritage...perhaps stay in the country that has ur cultural heritage...instead of moving to a new country and expecting them to change.
I adopt many american things as my dad is non Hispanic white and so I am half white Hispanic half Caucasian. which is why I go back and forth between English and Spanish. but just because I'm half non Hispanic white doesn't mean that I will forget the other half of me which is alive and kicking.

P.S What country could I go to? I'm an American citizen that was born here and choses to speak both languages.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:27 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,108,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
As others have posted, there is such thing as a white-Hispanic. Hispanic is an ethnic group (regarding US political identity), while white is the racial group. A person can be of any race and be Hispanic.

The ignorance of your second statement is no surprise given the ignorance of your first statement.
wow i'm impressed boxus didn't think you would actually correct someone who was on the same side as you

Old 06-13-2013, 12:48 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The most common blood type for all humans is type O+; has nothing to do specifically with mestizos or amerindians.
Nothing to do? That's bit of an stretch.

The point that I want to come across is that the probabilities of blood type O is higher for Amerindians, and thus mestizos, than for Europeans.

If you are ever doubtful about a South American person's ancestry - specially those who claim pure "European lineage" - the safest thing to do is to look for his blood type.

Percentage of Native population that has blood type O.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
wow i'm impressed boxus didn't think you would actually correct someone who was on the same side as you
I am not on any side.

How is this poster on my side?

I only state the facts.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:52 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,747,090 times
Quote:
I adopt many american things as my dad is non Hispanic white and so I am half white Hispanic half Caucasian. which is why I go back and forth between English and Spanish. but just because I'm half non Hispanic white doesn't mean that I will forget the other half of me which is alive and kicking.

P.S What country could I go to? I'm an American citizen that was born here and choses to speak both languages.
THANK YOU!

I really hope that my kids are as proud of being half Cuban as they are so very proud of being Irish American.

Their father is third generation Irish, their step dad is fourth generation German Irish. Both men have lost touch with their roots and I hope my kids and grandkids will at least keep some of their heritage. I have strived really hard to teach my kids their family roots both the Irish and Cubans sides.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Nothing to do? That's bit of an stretch.

The point that I want to come across is that the probabilities of blood type O is higher for Amerindians, and thus mestizos, than for Europeans.

If you are ever doubtful about a South American person's ancestry - specially those who claim pure "European lineage" - the safest thing to do is to look for his blood type.

Percentage of Native population that has blood type O.
I do not feel like giving a statistics lesson; I will just state that even with your map, if a person has type O, they still have good possibility of not having any amerindian or mestizo in them; it would be a false asumption to state otherwise has even your chart shows, up to 45% of almost the entire Asian and European continents have type O. So if a person claims they do not have any native americas in them, they have a good probability of being truthful. This is no different if someone claims to have native americas blood in them and are type A or something; would you challenge them on their claim?

Old 06-13-2013, 12:57 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
Quote:

I'm not suggesting u leave the US....
My point was .... For spanish speakers to demand American english speakers to learn spanish is ludacris.... it should be one's choice to learn a new language or not. Not forced upon you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami