Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:41 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,897,778 times

Advertisements

Miami Has The Worst Drivers In America

Seriously!!! 35 hit and runs a day!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 01:12 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,747,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
Miami Has The Worst Drivers In America

Seriously!!! 35 hit and runs a day!!!
Agreed! Therefore I can honestly understand why auto insurance here is so high. I avoid the palmetto expressway at all costs.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:20 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,900,833 times
Had to go to MIA today and what a nightmare! The Palmetto exit to the airport (now by Flagler) was closed so you had to detour at an exit past the airport, go around and get back on the Palmetto in the other direction to be able to go to the airport. All this combined with lunatic drivers plus construction. Every time I have to be on Miami highways it makes me hate this city that much more.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:26 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,941,918 times
Notice that the study only considered Miami as the city limits. Hialeah is separate and itself ranks #3, and we still haven't included the majority of the Palmetto and US1!!!

We need stiffer penalties for hit and runs when pedestrians and cyclists are involved. Perhaps insurers should offer discounts for having a dashcam and rearcam system to better be able to catch hit-and-runs. At any rate, it's not a bad idea to have recorded evidence in case of an accident.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:47 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,900,833 times
Imagine, and I don't consider Miami to have a lot of pedestrians. The few we have get hit. I can't imagine if Miami drivers were in NY.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times
It's not that bad... It's pretty relaxing from my point of view.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:25 PM

882 posts, read 1,464,355 times
First thing I did when I moved here and realized how people drive is get an HD dash cam to record the stupid and/or absent minded for liability reasons ... the combination of tourists slowing down whenever they feel, the self entitled douches cutting everyone off, the feeble minded texting and talking on their phones, and the elderly in permanent panic in the midst of these surroundings, it's basically like driving in Russia.

Shaking my head and taking deep breaths results in a smile providing zen approach on my end.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:29 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,108,597 times
no suprise really, but what can I say i'm guilty of agressive driveing too.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:48 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,897,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
Imagine, and I don't consider Miami to have a lot of pedestrians. The few we have get hit. I can't imagine if Miami drivers were in NY.
I had a similar thought when I visited Atlanta.Miami has a grid system with straight streets,no hills,streets with numbers on them all unlike Atlanta which has curves and hills everywhere you go,streets with names instead of numbers increasing your chances of getting lost and doing something stupid causing an accident.I just thought about what would happen if you took all of Miami's drivers and moved them to Atlanta.If you actually think about it straight gridlike streets probably make the drivers do more stupid things like texting and using the Internet while driving.If you're in a street with a bunch of curves you're likely not to do it.Aside from that we just have so many people from other countries,tourists and generally stupid people that it's no fluke we're #1.One thing I have noticed in other cities like Atlanta is during rush hour drivers in those cities are ALL doing 80-90mph while tailgating each other,definitely did not look safe to me,however it's probably the way they do it there unlike here where you have 10 cars doing 90 while swerving in between 10 other cars doing 50mph,basically people here are all different doing their own thing which is probably even worse overall.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:28 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,941,918 times
Another hit and run involving a cyclist this evening... this really has to stop!!! Such cases should carry the charge of "assault with a motor vehicle" in addition to "leaving the scene of an accident."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami