Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 03:50 PM

30 posts, read 48,588 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My boyfriend and I are relocating to Florida in a few months! My boyfriend will be working in Miami 10 mins from the Miami airport. We would like to find an apt in Brickell, Aventura, Coral Gables or Coconut Grove areas. I would like to know the best places to live in these areas where there are not alot of college students in the buildings, partying, noise etc. He is 45 and I am 35 so we would like some where quiet but close shops and a neighborhood where professionals in our age range live. Our budget is $1800-$2200 and the building and service should be worth the $$. Any help will be appreciated!

Last edited by sim8729; 04-16-2014 at 05:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 04:16 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Young professionals? Brickell.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:16 PM

Ok I edited that, I meant in our age range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Young professionals? Brickell.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:52 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
This needs to move to the Miami forum. You will get much better info there.

Anyway Brickell has a decent amount of students and young people who like to party etc.. Avenutra is alright, more family orientated but a bit north of MIA and not a great commute.

Coconut Grove does not have many young residents but it is a night life district. But for the most part the apartments there can be far enough away that nightlife does not get annoying but close enough to walk to restaurants and shops.

Coral Gables will have a mix depending on the building but certainly more families and older adults. You have to get a building near the Downtown Coral Gables area to get walkable.

Your price range is good, there are plenty of nice places for that range but don't expect 5 star accommodations. $1800 can barley get you a 1 bedroom in many areas of Miami especially Brickell, Coconut Grove and Coral Gables. Your price point is good but its not anything which is "high"

For your price point get a realtor! It cost ZERO to you.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:24 PM

You might want to consider South Miami in the Red road -Sunset Drive area. Plenty of shopping, restaurants, almost walkable, and more affordable.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times
Coral Gables, preferably downtown or the Merrick Park area. Coconut Grove and South Miami are UM student hangout central. Brickell has lots of students with roommates...double the trouble! Dadeland--if you want to take the Metrorail to work at MIA and if you can deal with more tame UM students, compared with the Grove and Brickell and South Miami. Lower Brickell or the Roads are also relatively quiet possibilities--you can still walk or take the trolley to the action when you want it. Aventura is probably the closest to what you're looking for in terms of the neighbourhood, but the commute will take a few years off your life span.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:44 AM

Thank you everyone for all your input! I think that Coral gables will be a good fit. If anyone knows of any good apts buildings in mind please share!

Old 04-17-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneMan1992 View Post
Coral Gables, preferably downtown or the Merrick Park area. Coconut Grove and South Miami are UM student hangout central. Brickell has lots of students with roommates...double the trouble! Dadeland--if you want to take the Metrorail to work at MIA and if you can deal with more tame UM students, compared with the Grove and Brickell and South Miami. Lower Brickell or the Roads are also relatively quiet possibilities--you can still walk or take the trolley to the action when you want it. Aventura is probably the closest to what you're looking for in terms of the neighbourhood, but the commute will take a few years off your life span.
Uh... UM is in Coral Gables. Sunset Dr is the border between the Gables and South Miami in the neighborhood I was referring to. I've seen few students there. As you more south along Red Road towards Pinecrest it gets progressively quieter.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:44 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,033 times
Brickell has plenty of professional in your age range. Good place to network too!. Coral Gables especially miracle mile is good. What time is he working? Is he taking the 836?

Old 04-22-2014, 10:17 AM

3 posts, read 5,883 times
Default Moving to Mia

Hi. I am 40, moved here from CT 7 years ago. I used to live in Brickell. That is the closest to "Urban professionals/hip and trendy" you will get for singles and your age. It's very expensive but there is a good night life there in Brickell. Many high rises are going up now, and traffic is getting worse, but nothing you can do about that. The skyline is amazing at night and you are right on the Bay.
Coco grove is also very expensive, not as nice as Brickell....lot of "ghetto"parts right outside The grove so I wouldn't go there. Coral Gables is mainly Spanish speaking, older married couples with families, lots of money there, schools. University of Miami is there but right off US 1. I would stick with Brickell for singles your age if you have that money to spend on rent. It's steep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim8729 View Post
Hi all! My boyfriend and I are relocating to Florida in a few months! My boyfriend will be working in Miami 10 mins from the Miami airport. We would like to find an apt in Brickell, Aventura, Coral Gables or Coconut Grove areas. I would like to know the best places to live in these areas where there are not alot of college students in the buildings, partying, noise etc. He is 45 and I am 35 so we would like some where quiet but close shops and a neighborhood where professionals in our age range live. Our budget is $1800-$2200 and the building and service should be worth the $$. Any help will be appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami