Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:03 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,646,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIZMARTISSOT View Post
Hello!
What does it take to obtain a driver's license in Florida (Miami Beach) if you are over 18? I have already passed the Drug/Alcohol test within the past week.

Thank you!
Just show up with a pulse and you're good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholo57 View Post
The driving test in Miami is a joke.
I took my son to take his driving test. There I am waiting for the examiner and my son to go out on the streets, road test, paralel parking and all that I thought goes with it.
All they did was put on their seat belts, start the car, drive around the parking lot, stop, turn signal and park the car....all this in the parking lot at the DMV place!!!...I thought there was something wrong but I was informed by my son...with a smile on his face..."I passed, now to take my picture and get my license"..:sho cked:
Ok,...my 5 cents....back to my box.
I took my test at the DMV by Metrozoo in '95. I was enrolled in Driver's Ed at school at the time to get the insurance discount, but I turned 16 prior to the end of the course, so I went to the DMV instead of getting my license at the end of the class. We had already done the preliminary driving test with our instructors at school, so I was looking forward to the real deal test at the DMV.

Imagine how disappointed I was when the examiner instructed me to drive to a closed range they had behind the DMV building to take my test. No other cars on the road, no parallel parking (nor required for the FL driving test anyway), no crazy Miami drivers to contend with. It was a cinch, pretty much anyone with half a brain could have passed. It was easier than the prelim test we did on the real roads around my high school in the Driver's Ed class!!

If most of the DMVs are like this, it really explains a lot. Driving on a range with no other cars definitely does not give a good indication of how an individual handles real world traffic situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 06:39 AM

1 posts, read 17,402 times
Default road test

Quote:
I took my son to take his driving test. There I am waiting for the examiner and my son to go out on the streets, road test, paralel parking and all that I thought goes with it.
All they did was put on their seat belts, start the car, drive around the parking lot, stop, turn signal and park the car....all this in the parking lot at the DMV place!!!...I thought there was something wrong but I was informed by my son...with a smile on his face..."I passed, now to take my picture and get my license"..:sho cked:
I live in fort lauderdale , they did the same thing to my son. road test in the parking lot. I taught him all the basics , and I was shocked as well , when I saw them in the parking lot. they took the parallel parking off the test and put parking on a hill on it. where do we have hills in fla. maybe the dump.lol

Old 06-05-2010, 07:55 PM

119 posts, read 249,378 times
My driving test lasted barely 5min and all they did was take me out onto the streets for a quick run around. I know several family members who didn't even have to leave the parking lot for the test. And others who have had to drive for 10-15min. It's highly variable.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 17,079 times
Question Hello

I Have a question.
If I am 17 and never had a permit
when I turn eighteen what do I need to do to obtain my drivers license? and how long will I need to wait?

Old 07-08-2010, 02:03 PM

361 posts, read 1,088,339 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but lol, this mad me laugh. It certainly does explain a lot about South Florida traffic!

Old 07-08-2010, 03:19 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yutabby View Post
I Have a question.
If I am 17 and never had a permit
when I turn eighteen what do I need to do to obtain my drivers license? and how long will I need to wait?
You should be able to find all the information on this site: Official Website Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles

Old 11-08-2010, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 16,527 times
a quick question. i am 19 yeas old and never had a learners permit or license. could i take the drivers test right after i get my learners permit in florida seeing im the age of 19?

Old 11-08-2010, 10:39 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
Yes, and that is why FL is a nightmare to drive in. Then add in all the old people who at age 80 get their license renewed for 8 yrs.

It is a joke here, except there are tragic results everyday.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:53 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes, and that is why FL is a nightmare to drive in. Then add in all the old people who at age 80 get their license renewed for 8 yrs.

It is a joke here, except there are tragic results everyday.
FL is an easy state to drive in. Curvy roads are almost non existent and its mostly straight flat roads.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:53 PM

1 posts, read 16,461 times
hi, i am 19 years old, do i have to hold a permit before i take my drivers test to get my license?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami