Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2017, 10:44 PM

2 posts, read 1,241 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me more about Florida International University Graduate school of business.
Is it well known in Florida ?
Is it Well known in Miami ?
What do people think of it ?
Is it considered a good school ? bad school ? why ?
etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 816 times
Great University overall

Old 01-18-2017, 12:53 PM

66 posts, read 66,517 times
Is the first thing that comes in mind to all Latin Maericans who wants to live here. They first go 2 years at MDC doing an AA in Business and Administrations and then they go to FIU to finish their Bachelor. With that being said, is a really good university for that degree.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:01 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewN'code View Post
Is the first thing that comes in mind to all Latin Maericans who wants to live here. They first go 2 years at MDC doing an AA in Business and Administrations and then they go to FIU to finish their Bachelor. With that being said, is a really good university for that degree.

Really quite tough, manily their CPA program.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:03 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,526,493 times
Is it better than U of Miami? Miami is certainly better known outside of Florida--for sports probably.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:29 PM

59 posts, read 50,954 times
I once heard that their Online MBA program is a lot of work and more work than the in-person MBA, but that's all I know.
I heard it from an employee that worked there though, so I suppose it was a very reliable source.
I would recommend checking out the MBA program at other universities as well and visiting them before choosing one. Perhaps, it would be good to find MBA graduates (from the universities you are considering) and ask them how it went for them. You know how the saying says: forewarned is forearmed. Someone who already went through it may be able to tell you even more than the "counselors" themselves---who are really just recruiters of students for the university.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:24 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times
I recently got my Master's in Hospitality Mgmt from FIU Biscayne Campus.

Only maybe 2 classes were 'tough' to me, one of them being a research class. However, most of the students in that program are from China because FIU has a campus in Tianjin where they either go for their 4 year and then auto-transfer to Miami or they do a dual-enrollment and get both degrees in like 5 years. So most of my classmates and groups were filled with young people from China and very bad English. But they did a lot of research so I made sure to write all the papers and do the presentations.

FIU Main Campus out West near Doral is very nice and you would probably be going there for your MBA. Great facilities, very large campus, etc.
I don't think the difference in UM/FIU/FAU/USF is going to make a difference to a potential employer, but the connections you make might be better at UM. However, UM is private so the tuition is much more expensive (most of the time)

UM is a beautiful school of course in Coral Gables which is closer to Downtown/Brickell than FIU Main Campus.

UCF in Orlando has a great business school, as does FSU in Tallahassee and cost of living is considerably less in those two cities. IF I was getting an MBA and could live anywhere in FL but was on a budget, I'd go to FSU. If money wasn't an issue, I'd go to UM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami