Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 10:56 AM

3,198 posts, read 2,672,313 times

Advertisements

Miami-Dade shrinking Metrorail hours as ridership dips | Miami Herald

Kind of expected, declining numbers for a while now so this news doesn't come as a surprise, coverage was already bad and it was stupidly expensive for the service you get. This will also derail the SMART plan for a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 11:49 AM

1,049 posts, read 963,494 times
I wonder if the opening of the Brightline will have any impact on this? I agree, they really dropped the ball with the Metro, could have expanded it and made it way better but chose other projects like the I-95 express lanes and Port of Miami Tunnel.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:30 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,672,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
I wonder if the opening of the Brightline will have any impact on this? I agree, they really dropped the ball with the Metro, could have expanded it and made it way better but chose other projects like the I-95 express lanes and Port of Miami Tunnel.
It just sucks to see honestly, when cities and governments should be investing in transit, the reverse is happening. I understand it also depends on the people, but if Miami invested on improving transit coverage and frequency, numbers wouldn't be decreasing like this.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:53 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,636,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
Brightline will have a effect on Tri-Rail since both will be Commuter rail lines across the 3 counties and Brightline will be closer to the cores of Miami , Ft.Lauderdale & WPB instead until that rail line is built to Orlando.

Metrorail was to be expanded after the 05. cent sales tax passed in 2002 but there wasn't enough funding for existing operations so those funds went to keep the trains & buses going instead.
It should have been a full penny sales tax...half for Expansion & half for Operations.

Projects like the I-95 Express and the Port of Miami Tunnel were funded by the state FDOT so you can't switch those state funds to a local one like Metrorail funding.

MDX ( Miami -Dade Expressway Authority) which is the tolling authority currently has over $250 Million dollars in cash reserves and Miami-Dade transit is seeking some of that money for Metrorail & Metrobus expansion.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:07 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,868,969 times
Since its the train to no where I am not surprised.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:50 PM

63 posts, read 92,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
This

If the train had stops at like FIU you would see tons of people use it.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:28 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,840,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
This

If the train had stops at like FIU you would see tons of people use it.
This makes too much sense.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:12 AM

798 posts, read 1,462,616 times
The real culprits are the despicable junta mafia disjointing the vertebrates of the public transportation services in coalition with his conniver car dealers. There is practically one or two cars per person in a family. A car got 4 seats at the least and 99% of them you use to see them empty with the exception of the driver. Now it's all about avoiding highways and rerouting with your google maps for flitting while effing.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:26 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,840,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio View Post
The real culprits are the despicable junta mafia disjointing the vertebrates of the public transportation services in coalition with his conniver car dealers. There is practically one or two cars per person in a family. A car got 4 seats at the least and 99% of them you use to see them empty with the exception of the driver. Now it's all about avoiding highways and rerouting with your google maps for flitting while effing.
So? Often different family members have to go to different areas. How would they do it if they only had one car?

Old 05-18-2017, 10:15 PM

3,258 posts, read 3,215,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
When it was being built I heard some people call it "Metro Fail."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami