Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 07:20 AM

17 posts, read 43,511 times

Advertisements

Morning! I am wondering what the best condo buildings are the best to rent at in Brickell? I am a young professional (27/female) and am all about the amenities (ie. decent gym, nice view, walkable to shops/restaurants, nice pool, valet- could care less, etc). Budget is $2300-$2400 with utilities (minus electric). My top pick right now is the Icon. Could you tell me:
-Pros / Cons of living here
-Traffic - How long does it take to get to 95? Schedule is flexible so I can plan around rush hour typically
-Are the amenities worth the high rent price? Are you just paying for the name or is it actually a nice building?

Please give other building suggestions, too! I am pretty open
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 09:35 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
I really like Infinity Brickell.

Also Latitude is nice.

Icon... I was underwhelmed with their hallway design... Seems like they spent all their money on the design of the exterior/lobby.

Old 09-04-2018, 10:25 AM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
Depends which building at Icon you select...I believe, but could be wrong, the building that is part of the W Hotel forces you to valet (no self parking) and 20 minute waits are not uncommon. While it is also closer to downtown (Whole Foods, Silverspot Luxury Cinemas, etc) I hate being by that drawbridge when driving.

Personally, I like being south of 8th for traffic purposes (even though I walk to most places) and am currently in 1060 Brickell and happy with it—nice bay/cruise terminal and Brickell Ave view from my unit, lots of medical professionals in the building, good mixed age group, and I love entrances/exit from, both, Brickell Ave and South Miami Avenue. The Bond and 1010 Brickell are nice as well but not sure if units will be in your price point. Infinity is a nice building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jav4491 View Post
Morning! I am wondering what the best condo buildings are the best to rent at in Brickell? I am a young professional (27/female) and am all about the amenities (ie. decent gym, nice view, walkable to shops/restaurants, nice pool, valet- could care less, etc). Budget is $2300-$2400 with utilities (minus electric). My top pick right now is the Icon. Could you tell me:
-Pros / Cons of living here
-Traffic - How long does it take to get to 95? Schedule is flexible so I can plan around rush hour typically
-Are the amenities worth the high rent price? Are you just paying for the name or is it actually a nice building?

Please give other building suggestions, too! I am pretty open

Old 09-05-2018, 02:12 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
Icon has multiple towers. One is a hotel tower and valet only (takes forever on weekends) 2 towers that share a valet will have assigned parking spaces.

They are supposed to re-do the pool, not sure if they started yet/finished?

Pool gets packed on weekends due to Hotel guests. Security is tight on letting in your guests. Very busy valet area on weekends/evenings.

People live there because its 'cool' or they love the SPA/Gym/Pool. Otherwise, they rent elsewhere.

Infinity is great but half the building lost its view when SLS went up.

I prefer SLS over Icon by the way and its much newer with a private rooftop for tenants only (not hotel guests) and has a separate entrance for tenants/owners.

Plaza Brickell has some great water views for the same price as Icon, just a few buildings down the block. (and South of 8th like Elche said).

Brickell Heights is very nice but very busy and valet only.

The BOND is excellent but might be out of your price range. Very cool, chill place to live and its pretty new.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:58 PM

874 posts, read 899,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Icon has multiple towers. One is a hotel tower and valet only (takes forever on weekends) 2 towers that share a valet will have assigned parking spaces.

They are supposed to re-do the pool, not sure if they started yet/finished?

Pool gets packed on weekends due to Hotel guests. Security is tight on letting in your guests. Very busy valet area on weekends/evenings.

People live there because its 'cool' or they love the SPA/Gym/Pool. Otherwise, they rent elsewhere.

Infinity is great but half the building lost its view when SLS went up.

I prefer SLS over Icon by the way and its much newer with a private rooftop for tenants only (not hotel guests) and has a separate entrance for tenants/owners.

Plaza Brickell has some great water views for the same price as Icon, just a few buildings down the block. (and South of 8th like Elche said).

Brickell Heights is very nice but very busy and valet only.

The BOND is excellent but might be out of your price range. Very cool, chill place to live and its pretty new.
I've never had a client as unhappy as the one who rented at Icon. Seriously, consider other options.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:09 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
I realize that everyone is discussing condo buildings as opposed to apartments, but what about the recently-opened Panorama Tower? It seems pretty nice from the news reports I've seen. And since the OP is "all about the amenities," I don't think any other building comes close. I believe rents for 1brs start at around $2,500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AmR_tDELTw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs4vWHkZeeI

Old 09-08-2018, 08:00 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
I thought we mentioned that APT buildings usually suck? But since it just opened, might be a good option for a while.

Take your agent with you. They will still get paid a referral fee for the work they've done with you so far and can help you choose a unit, look out for red flags, etc.

I think Panorama also is part office and hotel right? Not for me but to each his own!

Old 09-08-2018, 10:22 AM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
Hyatt Centric is part of Panorama...I took a viewing—wasn’t that crazy about the pool which residents share with hotel guests (unless I missed one that the building rep didn’t take me to??) and it was not on a higher floor, water views from direct view units are spectacular, though I tend to doubt those start at OP’s price point. IIRC, the nice and large, 1100 sq ft direct view unit I looked at on the 45-50th floor was $3650-3800/mo unfurnished. $2500 probably gets you a smaller, lower floor unit overlooking Brickell Avenue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
I thought we mentioned that APT buildings usually suck? But since it just opened, might be a good option for a while.

Take your agent with you. They will still get paid a referral fee for the work they've done with you so far and can help you choose a unit, look out for red flags, etc.

I think Panorama also is part office and hotel right? Not for me but to each his own!

Last edited by elchevere; 09-08-2018 at 10:37 AM..

Old 09-12-2018, 12:15 AM

116 posts, read 251,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
I really like Infinity Brickell.

Also Latitude is nice.

Icon... I was underwhelmed with their hallway design... Seems like they spent all their money on the design of the exterior/lobby.
^^^ facts. SO many of the condos I am looking at suck you in with the exterior but then are so bland inside. THe real agents don't help because most of the pics for them on Zillow are the exterior and 'common' areas, with maybe two pictures of the actual condo interior.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:09 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0t View Post
^^^ facts. SO many of the condos I am looking at suck you in with the exterior but then are so bland inside. THe real agents don't help because most of the pics for them on Zillow are the exterior and 'common' areas, with maybe two pictures of the actual condo interior.
The one that surprised me the other way (bland outside and in the lobby but nice design of the units) is Solaris. But their pool area is a bit wimpy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: