Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 08:45 PM

772 posts, read 1,142,746 times

Advertisements

Hello. I know someone who is considering moving here. Single. Ideally, wants to rent a small house. Can you rent a small house in safe neighborhood in Miami-Dade County for 1.5K to 2.5K a month? If so, where?

If not, are there any apartments in this range? Here's the rub. She's extremely highly strung and averse to noise. Therefore, she doesn't like apartments. If she has to rent an apartment, she would prefer one that is well-insulated, such that you can't hear your neighbors and vice versa. I've only found a pair of apartments like this IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

Loft 2 downtown is out. I live here and, even though the building was built in 2007, you can hear most of what goes on in your neighbor's apartment.

Thanks for the tips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 09:04 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,603 times
Houses aren't that quiet either, it will come down to neighbors. I've had south beach tenants say they sleep/live in peace and I've had homeowners constantly calling the police on their noisy neighbors.

Plenty of quiet high rises on the beach, especially in Mid Beach.

Avoid anything on Biscayne now because of the trains - Brightline runs right next to Midtown 2 & 4; CSX trains are very noisy through North Miami.

Sunny Isles buildings will be quieter too, same for Bal Harbour.

Houses for $2500? Sure, but might be in and around the MIA flight plan. (north Gables, Doral, little Havana).

Buildings in South Brickell would work possibly, as well as condos in Key Biscayne. (pay a toll every day to come home though). Same for Venetian Causeway area.

And no, I would never recommend Loft 2 as a quiet place! ;-)

Quiet/Silent places in Miami are hard to come by!

Old 01-04-2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Houses aren't that quiet either, it will come down to neighbors. I've had south beach tenants say they sleep/live in peace and I've had homeowners constantly calling the police on their noisy neighbors.

Plenty of quiet high rises on the beach, especially in Mid Beach.

Avoid anything on Biscayne now because of the trains - Brightline runs right next to Midtown 2 & 4; CSX trains are very noisy through North Miami.

Sunny Isles buildings will be quieter too, same for Bal Harbour.

Houses for $2500? Sure, but might be in and around the MIA flight plan. (north Gables, Doral, little Havana).

Buildings in South Brickell would work possibly, as well as condos in Key Biscayne. (pay a toll every day to come home though). Same for Venetian Causeway area.

And no, I would never recommend Loft 2 as a quiet place! ;-)

Quiet/Silent places in Miami are hard to come by!

Thanks. I think she's more concerned about noise coming into her apartment from other apartments, and vice versa. I don't think the noise coming from outside would be that much of a factor. Does this change your recommendation at all?

Old 01-04-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinérant View Post
Thanks. I think she's more concerned about noise coming into her apartment from other apartments, and vice versa. I don't think the noise coming from outside would be that much of a factor. Does this change your recommendation at all?
Constant airplanes or cars/horns honking would drive me crazy vs a neighbor who has a party a few times a month or is only noisy at 8am when they go to work.

However, I would have her reach out to a realtor and let them handle it.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Constant airplanes or cars/horns honking would drive me crazy vs a neighbor who has a party a few times a month or is only noisy at 8am when they go to work.

However, I would have her reach out to a realtor and let them handle it.

Plays music. Likes to socialize. Good tenant, but neighbors have complained before about loud music and social gatherings. Needs house or apartment with low transmission of noise through walls.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itinérant View Post
Plays music. Likes to socialize. Good tenant, but neighbors have complained before about loud music and social gatherings. Needs house or apartment with low transmission of noise through walls.
HaHa, she is bothered by noise but wants to have parties and play loud music? She'll fit right in around here.

good luck!

Old 01-12-2019, 06:53 PM

11 posts, read 14,068 times
Quote:
HaHa, she is bothered by noise but wants to have parties and play loud music? She'll fit right in around here.

good luck!
Yeah, she wants to MAKE the noise, not hear it! Sounds like a nightmare neighbor!

Old 01-13-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBISWN View Post
Yeah, she wants to MAKE the noise, not hear it! Sounds like a nightmare neighbor!

She's a nice young girl, though. Her neighbors (as well as people in general) have always liked her.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:48 AM

Do you guys know anything about Park Place By the Bay?

Old 01-23-2019, 07:16 PM

Also, what about the North Miami area? Specifically, I'm looking at:

1. Vecino Del Mar, 2350 NE 135th St, North Miami, FL 33181

2. 1650 NE 115th St, North Miami, FL 33181
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami