Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:45 PM

464 posts, read 1,360,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlover79 View Post
First of all, it's not as crowded as DFW. I know, I've been there (Miami). There's over 6 million people in Dallas/FW. Miami is small to me. You could fit 2 or 3 Miami's in this area. You obviously haven't been to Dallas or Houston.
Im moved here, obviuosly YOU havent read my profile...

And you're right, you said it. there are more people in dfw area. And its also the size of Alaska

Miami...on the other hand is surrounded by 2 unmovable pieces of geography, Everglades and Atlantic.

Its a thin strip...so it cant hold as many people as sprawling DFW does. So when 50 million people move to Miami in one day...it gets jammed packed, apartments sky rocket, insurance agencies go loco, and native people have to move away because the city doesnt adjust as quickly as the influx of tourists.

Tourists...dont overstay your welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
Im moved here, obviuosly YOU havent read my profile...

And you're right, you said it. there are more people in dfw area. And its also the size of Alaska

Miami...on the other hand is surrounded by 2 unmovable pieces of geography, Everglades and Atlantic.

Its a thin strip...so it cant hold as many people as sprawling DFW does. So when 50 million people move to Miami in one day...it gets jammed packed, apartments sky rocket, insurance agencies go loco, and native people have to move away because the city doesnt adjust as quickly as the influx of tourists.

Tourists...dont overstay your welcome
people like you are the reasons people hate miami. how about you get up and leave to make some room for someone who's actually excited to come down here.

to the OP, come to miami, its great and not everyone is like this guy.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
people like you are the reasons people hate miami. how about you get up and leave to make some room for someone who's actually excited to come down here.

to the OP, come to miami, its great and not everyone is like this guy.
Im sorry you misinterpreted me. Get over it.

I didnt say I wasnt excited about it. I didnt say I was thrilled about it either.

Mind you, I already left Miami. I moved from there already so Im a couple steps ahead of your statement.

I was just saying that when every tourist that visits Miami decides to move there, it interferes with the natural balance of things. I know this.

There hasnt been 1 person I've known in my life to visit Miami and not talk/want about moving down. Nothing wrong with liking it and wanting to move and so on...but look at the results of what happens. It starts falling apart.

I like Miami, I just dont like what has happened to it...

Old 10-16-2008, 10:38 PM

15 posts, read 50,133 times
Default Stay Away frm Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlover79 View Post
I'm a single, black male in my late twenties with no wife, or kids. I've always dreamed of living in South Florida as early as 13 or 14 years old. I love the water, the beach, the subtropic climate and the cultural mix. I've been to the Miami area twice and absolutely loved it. I will be returning the second wknd in August. I've been seriously thinking of relocating being that I'm single and don't have anything holding me back at this point. I feel like now is the opportune time. I've lived in TX all my life and currently live in Dallas, TX. Dallas is a great city-affordable living, spacious, and pretty good job market (even during these times). However, I've been here for almost 10 years; I'm somewhat ready for something new. I've read through some of the threads and from my observation people either love S. Florida or hate it from the depts of their soul. I just really need some honest, unbiased advice on what to expect. I realize that vacationing in S. FL and living there are totally different. I really just want to know what to expect as far as the people, job market (IT industry), house/renting market, churches, etc. As much as I loved it there, I'm not going to just up and move without fully considering the pros & cons. At this point I'm considering 4 relocation cities: Miami area and Tampa in Florida; Atlanta or Houston outside Florida. I apologize for the long messge. I just really need some insight. Thanks for your patience.
I would recommend if you move to Florida to move to either Broward County or Tampa...not really Clearwater or St. Pete. I found both to be rather boring...Miami is very Hispanic (I hate when ppl say its diverse because it is not, it is highly segregated) & you won't really understand the severity of the situation until you live there but if that's your thing then go for it plus Miami's expensive. Tampa is the cheapest place to rent or own a home compared to places in Broward or Miami.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portorro View Post
I dont think Dallasites are antisocial.
I think so, most of them are

Quote:
Miami made up mostly of hispanics...tend to scream at you, curse at you, but then 5 minutes later they treat you for a cuban coffee,and end up becoming your best friends.
2 faced, but very sociable

Quote:
Dallas is made up of pioneers and norther mexicans. These are hardy people that had to settle this land and in the process became very independent and stoic.
Ah...Thats just a fancy way of saying "antisocial schizos". They are terrified of talking with people outside of their little circle.

Quote:
ur mind is calling to move to miami, do it. Just go, Go with a positive attitude and it will be GREAT!!
He going to need alot more than that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami