Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 01:45 PM

483 posts, read 1,545,226 times

Advertisements

I believe I did not read that post, but it sure competes with this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 01:50 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Hi CTR!!
Como? No speak English .

Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
Quote:
Who cares??? LOL-At least they speak English up here!!!

Hi CTR!!
Its English with a Twang, but yes it is English.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:25 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Lol

Old 08-15-2008, 03:38 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
North Carolina is going to be just like South Florida eventually. Your best bet is to move to North (or South) Dakota if you want to escape this formidable place.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:25 PM

Good thing I moved!

Old 08-16-2008, 07:35 PM

747 posts, read 2,105,932 times
Quote:
Good thing I moved!
Now that the people that count are here (you and me), how about we turn off the flood gates and not let anyone else in for awhile???

Old 08-17-2008, 06:38 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
I have read on CD a lot of Ny'ers especially Long Islanders are moving to NC, so you can't blame it all on Miamians

Old 08-17-2008, 07:38 AM

You're right Keeper. There are lots of NYers moving up. There will be three in my new neighborhood alone.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:48 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Charlotte is already more like South Florida than South Florida itself. Check out the crime situation, how the schools are getting overcrowded and how the traffic is piling up on their 2 to 4 lane roads. They should of built a road grid system before the growth like Broward County did with the western areas, although I understand the terrain would make it a little more difficult. Not really that much more difficult though, not like there are mountains in that area. RDU is doing a decent job managing the growth and keeping it from getting too excessive but I think they should aim for efficient light rail transit like Charlotte is right now. I see a lot of potential in both if they manage their growth the right way instead of turning into the next Orlando's and Atlanta's.
The RTP area (RDU is the airport) has been trying to get a light rail system going for quite a while now but the federal funding keeps getting pulled out from under it. Perhaps with gas prices escalating, our government will think twice going forward about funding more roads at the expense of future mass transit....one can dream!

My family moved to Raleigh back in 1974 from San Jose, CA with IBM and it's been quite the social experiment since those days. Most of the newbies came from upstate NY or L.I. with IBM. They were followed by Canadians with Northern Telecom (now Nortel) and a host of biotech workers from NJ, MA, etc. Locals always worried that they would ruin the area. But, from this person's perspective, that didn't happen. In fact, what did happen was a terrific blending of what Northerners and Southerners had to offer to a community. The Northerners brought their demand for better schools and Wake Co. made huge strides in education. The Southerners lulled the Northerners into more gentility and a relaxed lifestyle. Yadda, yadda, yadda (also from the North! )

I keep homes in both Miami Beach and Raleigh and can tell you that I enjoy each and every moment that I am in both. But, I can tell you that it is only possible for me to keep both homes because of the economic opportunities afforded to me in Raleigh.

In the end, I think Raleigh will continue to attract people who are disgruntled with their lives. Like those who preceeded them, most will come to Raleigh and embrace the friendliness and courtesy that is certainly more prevelent there than it is here. Like those who came before them, they will bring with them the best that their culture has to offer. And, Raleigh will embrace that cultural offering like the gift that it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: