Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 05:02 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,163,217 times

Advertisements

Why doesn't Miami have a "Chat Thread" like most other states/cities' forums?
Should we try to start one so that we can have a "anything goes" conversational exchange?

I know none of us would dare violate any of the TOS and ethics but I think it would be nice. There are so many times that we start with one thing and then tend to go off on tangents because it is just natural for one thing to lead to another and we can't do that if everything has to be related to the initial topic.

I would do a poll but I don't know how so I thought I'd try this.

Anybody, pitch in and talk about something - anything. This idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 05:20 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
Nice idea, I can't sticky it though, as long as its active it will stay on the first page.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:41 PM

Good. Thanks. Let's see if it takes off and becomes a nice medium to just chit-chat about random thoughts.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:03 PM

691 posts, read 2,329,399 times
Okay, wierd experiences that you would only have in Miami...
I was riding the trolley yesterday, in Coral Gables, and a guy gets on there with a SNAKE, and no one says anything. I get yelled at for drinking out of my water bottle, and a guy boards with a snake, and it is no big deal.

I love how daylight savings is here, I don't know if it is because it is so far south or what...It is light in the morning, and still light when I leave work. When I lived in the North, it is dark in the am, and really dark by 4:30, 5:00.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:41 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
^^^Its because we are located closer the equator. In January it gets dark around 5:30pm or so, if I remember correctly.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,674,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
I was riding the trolley yesterday, in Coral Gables, and a guy gets on there with a SNAKE, and no one says anything. I get yelled at for drinking out of my water bottle, and a guy boards with a snake, and it is no big deal.
Ha! Perhaps pets are allowed to ride? I'm not too comfortable with an uncaged snake riding the trolley, though!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:13 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,674,322 times
I haven't been in Miami since early August and won't be back until Christmastime. Are there any good new stores or restaurants that have opened?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Ha! Perhaps pets are allowed to ride? I'm not too comfortable with an uncaged snake riding the trolley, though!
It was in a cage, but it was a SNAKE.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post

I love how daylight savings is here, I don't know if it is because it is so far south or what...It is light in the morning, and still light when I leave work. When I lived in the North, it is dark in the am, and really dark by 4:30, 5:00.
A snake? And you didn't have a mouse for it?

I had to say something. There don't seem to be too many chatters in Miami. We always manage to go off topic on topic specific threads and now......

Is it that we, as humans, just like to push the limits? Have problems with authority? It's better when it's forbidden? Don't like to have boundaries imposed?

Let's figure this out.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:22 PM

The reason I was not successful in marriage is because I was not obedient enough. I like to run with scissors, and I don't share toys. I have huge problems with authority, anyone tells me anything, I tell them to go do something with themselves. The good thing, is that now that I realize that about myself, I am much happier that I don't try to fit anyone's "mold".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami