Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:45 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymbuff View Post
probably the same reasons why Anglos feel the same way about them.
Good response .... I do not see that much love from White Non Hispanics ( Anglos ) towards Blacks or Mexicans either .. yes there are exceptions ... but I do not think Anglos dislike Mexicans or Blacks anymore or anyless than Cubans do .

Old 01-08-2010, 04:47 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
What ???????
I was kidding Rock - I got busy at work and didn't finish what I wanted to write - you know me better than that!!

Old 01-08-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Crisp I was totally kidding - sorry I didn't finish the sentence the way I wanted. You have to get my humor. Cuban's are African American too at least that is what I'm told.
Again ... what ?????? Chelsa love ya and you are a sweetheart but what ??? Cubans are African Americans ... what ???? does that mean that Peruvians are also Italian American ???

Old 01-08-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Mexico is in the North American continent, but is in Central America.
Nope Mexicans speak Spanish like Central Americans and look like Central Americans , but they are in fact part of North America just as us and Canadians are ... Central America begins in Guatemala and ends east in Panama .

Old 01-08-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I personally would love to know why Cubans have a problem with the Mexican and black community? My yard guy who is Cuban told me about this issue, which I was shocked by. As I come from a background were I except everyone and can't understand why someone would have a dislike of others, just because of their background. For me growing up/going to school in Miami with the different backgrounds, I think it helped to make me more accepting of people from different backgrounds. I believe, when people grow up/hang out with only people like themselves, then can have more unwarranted dislikes of people not like themselves. I know that in our County there are areas that are not as mixed and maybe that is one reason for the animosity. Can someone tell me in a polite/civil way (in this thread or private), why there is this animosity.
Doggiebus ... the reason some Cubans dislike Mexicans is that the Mexican government has traditionally held the Castro government in high esteem and has harbored good relations with Cuba , supporting them and taking their side in voting at the UN .. the PRI which was the ruling party for 75 years in Mexico always had good relations with and many times supported Castro and kissed his arse much to the chagrin of the US ... given that the PRI is the party of the rich elite white Mexicans I always found them to be hypocrites .... the more conservative PAN party which has been in power in Mexico for the last several years is not as pro-Castro .

Old 01-08-2010, 05:00 PM

Yes, Rock I know this we all went over the map - I made the mistake of continuing a conversation from another thread here on this one - I was discussing indigenous people withe someone and the response to me was that you could never mistake Mexicans for cubans - cubans are white and African American - my fault for not explaining the whole back ground and then it would be understood why I was saying this. Aparently, columbians do not have indigenous people eithe. I wish there were a way for you to see my sarcasm.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:29 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Yes, Rock I know this we all went over the map - I made the mistake of continuing a conversation from another thread here on this one - I was discussing indigenous people withe someone and the response to me was that you could never mistake Mexicans for cubans - cubans are white and African American - my fault for not explaining the whole back ground and then it would be understood why I was saying this. Aparently, columbians do not have indigenous people eithe. I wish there were a way for you to see my sarcasm.
Yes you made a mistake to continue this conversation. I didn't even know what you were referring to or that your funny comments were directed to me. I never made such claim. You were the one claiming all colombians are from indigenous tribes that live in the cold mountains and I disagreed with you because it is not true, we are mainly mestizo and african americans. To be honest I'm not interested in continuing this conversation with someone who thinks knows more about my culture when she has never set a foot in my country and cannot even spell my country's name

Attention all "Floridians"!! THIS IS NOT COLD WEATHER!

Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 PM

Sweety, don't get so uptight - I never ever claimed that all Your people in your country (I wish I owned a country) were indigenous! My simple point was that there is now way of knowing by merely looking at a person that they are in fact Mexican. And when it is proven that in fact the numbers do not support your statement you choose to then say that one could never mistake a Mexican for a Cuban - I disagree - but you seem to have great knowedge of race, ethnicities and nationalities. We are adults and ladies so we can agree to disagree. Have a wonderful night!

Last edited by Shoegal1075; 01-08-2010 at 07:09 PM..

Old 01-08-2010, 08:09 PM

433 posts, read 953,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Doggiebus ... the reason some Cubans dislike Mexicans is that the Mexican government has traditionally held the Castro government in high esteem and has harbored good relations with Cuba , supporting them and taking their side in voting at the UN .. the PRI which was the ruling party for 75 years in Mexico always had good relations with and many times supported Castro and kissed his arse much to the chagrin of the US ... given that the PRI is the party of the rich elite white Mexicans I always found them to be hypocrites .... the more conservative PAN party which has been in power in Mexico for the last several years is not as pro-Castro .
Pretty much you nailed along with the fact that Cubans in their journey across Mexico face several setbacks mainly because how the Mexican government behaves not only with Cubans but also with all its immigrant population. Believe me; Mexican authorities are not so politically correct as the USA authorities. Talk to me about hypocrites! But on the other side, I, as a Cuban, do not hold any kind of resentment toward Mexicans. If there is any animosity between Cubans and Mexicans at the personal level is only pure regionalism; which is normal in every culture, just look at the eternal ridiculous fight between southerners and northerners, or between Cubans and Colombians.

About Mexico being part of North America; that’s relative; when I was in Cuba I was taught that Mexico was part of South America and that the USA and Canada are the only North America countries; maybe because political reasons, as Rock Newman wrote, Mexico lived 75 years under the PRI which has always had strong links with the Castro’s regime so it is suitable to separate Mexico from the eternal enemy (USA). Moreover, knowing the degree of Anti-Americanism that has always existed in Latin American, I’m pretty sure that the recurrent populist governments of South America use the same approach in their educational systems.

And what is the big fuzz about Cubans being black or mulattos? Moderator cut: Inappropriate

Last edited by doggiebus; 01-08-2010 at 08:56 PM..

Old 01-08-2010, 08:59 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Ok lets stay off the geography topic, as that is not the topic of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami