Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 03:51 PM

2 posts, read 7,426 times

Advertisements

Hello all....I am brand new to City-Data, so not real sure how this all works. But my husband and I are desperatly looking for a large car/SUV/van to rent for a family trip to Florida in April 08. We have always owned large vehicles (SUV's, Vans, Trucks, etc) until last year, we decided to down size. Our oldest daughter drives (Jeep Liberty) and we felt with the gas prices that we just did not need a large car any longer. So last June we sold our Tahoe and bought a Volvo cx-90 (crossover), which we love. Now for our problem, we are planning a family vacation in April to Florida (2 adults and 4 teenage kids) without a vehicle to get us there. Any suggestions??? All would be greatly appreicated.

slkleyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 05:13 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,946,160 times
You can always go to the commercial places, *E* usually has good deals, but I'd just open the phone book and start calling places. Occasionally a dealership (in your case a Chevy dealer) rents out vehicles. Before we owned a minivan we used to rent them for vacation from the local Plymouth dealership. Stay away from rentals from an airport, they are usually more expensive because of taxes and surcharges they have to charge.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:58 PM

259 posts, read 823,339 times
Well my girlfriend rents a truck/suv from Enterprise once a year when she and her girlfriends go to Vegas. I would do just as teahbeach stated, and just start calling from the phone book to get a general idea/best prices. Best of luck!

Old 01-17-2008, 10:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slkleyn View Post
Hello all....I am brand new to City-Data, so not real sure how this all works. But my husband and I are desperatly looking for a large car/SUV/van to rent for a family trip to Florida in April 08. We have always owned large vehicles (SUV's, Vans, Trucks, etc) until last year, we decided to down size. Our oldest daughter drives (Jeep Liberty) and we felt with the gas prices that we just did not need a large car any longer. So last June we sold our Tahoe and bought a Volvo cx-90 (crossover), which we love. Now for our problem, we are planning a family vacation in April to Florida (2 adults and 4 teenage kids) without a vehicle to get us there. Any suggestions??? All would be greatly appreicated.

slkleyn
If it was me -- I'd consider renting a Class C RV. Then you'd have a lot of room, more flexible lodging arrangements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan