Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 08:41 AM

8 posts, read 7,085 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am putting my house up for sale in SE MI soon, and want to find an apartment. I'm 60 and tired of home ownership, grass, snow and repairs. My daughter and her boyfriend live in Holland, i would like to be within a 30 minute drive. I'm retired and would like to keep the rent below $600 unless heat or other utilites are included. Prefer 1-2 bedrooms, I need to have a patio or balcony, quite and safe. I have been searching Apartments.com and have come across several. I will be driving over tomorrow for the weekend.
Thanks in advance
Debbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 12:44 PM

5,301 posts, read 6,115,843 times
If you're not wanting to be in Holland itself I would look at the Mall area in Grandville. Rivertown Pkwy at interstate I-196 has quite a few options. Right now they have wait lists but it sounds like you may have some time. Specifically look at Land and company You'll want to focus on the properties they have in SW Kent County (they also have 1 or 2 in Holland). They have 3 properties right in the mall vicinity and it's about 25 minutes to Holland. They are reasonably priced with balconies and garage. Close to the amenities of Grand Rapids, with the mall area having everything you could pretty much need.

If doing an apartments.com search the zip codes 49509, 49519 Wyoming, or 49418 Grandville. Wyoming is bigger and parts of it are inner ring you may not feel as comfortable in. Grandville is a mix of older and new housing but pretty much main st. USA throughout. If you don't want to live closer to Grand Rapids check out Hudsonville, Jenison, Zeeland, possibly Grand Haven or Saugatuck. There are plenty of options to choose from in that price range just depending on what you're looking for.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:58 AM

8 posts, read 7,085 times
Thanks for the suggestions, my daughter and I were out yesterday we were in Saugatuck and
South Haven. Looking today in Holland and maybe Grand Haven. I will put those zip codes in Apartments.com and check them out.
Thanks again
Debbie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan