Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 AM

35 posts, read 59,694 times

Advertisements

looking for Marines I served with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 09:57 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,899,273 times
check here:

TogetherWeServed - Connecting US Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen and Coast Guardsmen

Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 AM

thanks mac. I will give that a try. have you used it?

Old 11-25-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpl. View Post
thanks mac. I will give that a try. have you used it?

registered ages ago when it first started, but haven't used it personally since i came up in the age of scoail media and the internet I've been able to keep in contact with most of the people I've served with through Facebook and other means. Alas, no boot camp buddies, but people from MOS school forward.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:36 PM

what branch and MOS? mine is 3516

Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 PM

Marine - 3043 - PI in June of 2000. Still in.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:38 AM

good morning mac. how is life in the Corps nowadays? back in the 70s we used to get some long hair hippie ******* spitting at us, yelling baby killers and ho-ho ho-chi-miem. what a way to come home on leave. but one on one or even two hippes on one and the draft dodging **** just shut up. I really get pissed off when I hear men my age at the bar talking **** they don't know **** about! that's why I have vet lic. plates on my car. I ask the hero when were you in and they say I didn't have too serve but I would now. fata$$ puke! sorry to get off subject , just what is a 3043 ? I was MOTOR-T mech. and 2-1/2 1200gal. refueling driver for 1st. tank bn.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:44 PM

it's goign through a transition phase, that's for sure, after a decade of war. The Corps trying to prepare to back to a peacetime stance and way of doing business but there are about two generations of marines where their whole career has been OEF/OIF. Just came off of recruiting duty and there was real high regard for marines in the civilian populace thier, and this was in an Air force town. Currently at Lejeune, which is what I like to refer to as Marine Town, USA. 3043 is Supply.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 AM

any scuttle butt about what sesquation will do to our readiness in the near future? I know you may not be able to answer this and don't want to get you in a jam, loose lips sink ships is more true today than ever before. I just don't want to see our Corps drop below 170000 Marines. take care of yourself mac.
SEMPER FI

Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 AM

Be in supply, which in the Marine Corps most often means fiscal as well (especially at my level), I'm seeing it all over place. Before I left recruiting duty hte missions were starting to increase. Cheaper to pay a private than Corporal. Tenure has changed from 13yrs to 10yrs for E5. From 8 to 6 for E4. Big push to get single Marines who are on BAH-own-right back into the barracks. Budget calls all over the place trying to identify redunandancies and palces money could be cut. being being put oout of the Corps for next to nothing. Corps only gets about 4% of the defense budget and the majority of that goes to personnel. In addition to thw COrps always being the most frugal of the branches doesn't paint a pretty short term picture. Sequestration aside Corps is dropping 20K troops in the next few years (which granted is still about 5K more troops at he end of the day than decade ago, prior to the wars.) Aviation programs sre taking a hit as well. The Marines saving grace will be the US focus in the Pacific and emphasis on maritime and amphibious operations (which has lapsed over the last decade). The Mariens are also looking at other innovative ways to save cost like solar energy, for field and garrison use.

Military budget of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United States Marine Corps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Budget cuts seen squeezing Marines' capacity, programs - Chicago Tribune

In Federal Budget Cutting, F-35 Fighter Jet Is at Risk - NYTimes.com

Marines eye solar energy to eliminate dependency on fuel generators (video)

Immersion trainer redo shows Asia-Pacific focus - Marine Corps News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Marine Corps Times

U.S. Navy's Shift To Pacific A Boon For Marine Corps' Mission - Forbes

UPDATE 2-First Marines in Australia as U.S. ramps up Asia-Pacific focus | Reuters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues