Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:37 PM

628 posts, read 1,389,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Sorry, people have tried to help you as you gyrate around trying to get into three different services. You ignore the advice you don't like and jump around on various issues making claims of what you now want to accomplish. No, everyone is not waiting with bated breath on what you are going to ask next. No, many do not have your posts memorized...
I haven't ignored any advice. I heard that considering each branch carefully is a good idea and one should not just randomly apply to any military branch without any forethought.

As of now I have applied to the Navy and for the first time I have actually been pre-processed. Army still remains one of my possible best choices, since I don't know if the Navy will approve my processing yet. However, I believe this thread has run its' course and if you have the ability to do so: please this close thread. Either way I will no longer be posting in this thread. Thanks for everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 05:08 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
I'm sorry if any of you respond to the first post without bothering to read the ones following it. I've already addressed this numerous times and I'm done.
Trust me, young man. I have read EVERY SINGLE POST you have put up in this forum. This is one of my 'habitual' forums.

You don't know what you want, and your posts read that way.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:56 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,083,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Trust me, young man. I have read EVERY SINGLE POST you have put up in this forum. This is one of my 'habitual' forums.

You don't know what you want, and your posts read that way.
I know what he wants. He wants to do the @#$! they do in Call of Duty or whatever the video game is. You know, it's really that easy.

Guys with years of combat experience and sacrifice for our country need to step aside for him because he said so.

And I just absolutely hate it when people say "go Delta or Ranger" like it's something you just wake up one morning, decide to do and you're magically a Ranger or Operator. It demeans the accomplishment of those who have been there and done that.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 974 times
How come 19D doesn't get to enroll into RASP, im19D w/ airborne and I really want to be part of 75th, is there any chance I could switch MOSs before I ship out?

Old 10-01-2014, 02:11 AM

73 posts, read 187,035 times
I didn't read this whole thread but the originator did ask about being a SERE instructor. A good friend of mine, and fellow Combat Controller from the Viet Nam era, just retired from being a SERE instructor. But he had first retired from being an Air Force Combat Controller. I think the SERE school in Washington is now using retired Special Ops guys as instructors.

So, if you really want to be a SERE instructor, see if you can qualify for Combat Control. And, my young friend, good luck with that!

But if you do then you'll not only get SERE training, you'll get several other survival schools, parachute and halo, scuba, Air Traffic Control, and then you can do the hardest part..., Combat Control School!

It's not easy but it's certainly rewarding. The best job I ever had was my 7 years in Combat Control. And then you are part of a great brotherhood for life.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:23 AM

24,299 posts, read 13,145,198 times
It sure did seem like CCT was a demanding mission. I work with a former CCT (78-84) and my late boss was a CCT in Vietnam. Lots of stories.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:38 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post

And I just absolutely hate it when people say "go Delta or Ranger" like it's something you just wake up one morning, decide to do and you're magically a Ranger or Operator. It demeans the accomplishment of those who have been there and done that.
It is also these type of people who wash out very quickly in training due to lack of preparedness. The secondary problem is that this individual took up a training slot which could have been used by someone who really wants to put in the work and time to become a Ranger, SEAL, Force Recon or whatever.

My quick .02 advice to the OP. Pick a branch that you like and stick with it. Once recruiters feel like you are jerking them around, they will no longer care about your enlistment because there are plenty of people right behind you that are sincere about joining that particular branch of service.

Once you join, at that point, see about 'extra training' if that is what you want. You have to realize that when you see people on the show 'Making the Cut', they have been training for years to get to that particular school. They are in the best physical condition of their lives, yet some of them still cannot hack it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues