Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 08:49 AM

17,626 posts, read 17,690,196 times

Advertisements

Do you think veterans with service connected injuries should be on the Tricare insurance or at least have the option of signing up for Tricare? For veterans who can afford, they could enroll in the paid version of Tricare as a suplement to their employer's insurance. Some service connected vets don't need the extensive care more severely injured vets require. Allowing vets with the VA the opportunity to enroll in Tricare could ease the burden on the VA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 07:07 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,125,593 times
My DH uses both the VA and Tricare Prime. He uses the VA for things that are not offered by Tricare and this system has worked out very well for us.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:46 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,279,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Do you think veterans with service connected injuries should be on the Tricare insurance or at least have the option of signing up for Tricare? For veterans who can afford, they could enroll in the paid version of Tricare as a suplement to their employer's insurance. Some service connected vets don't need the extensive care more severely injured vets require. Allowing vets with the VA the opportunity to enroll in Tricare could ease the burden on the VA.
I also have Tricare and can use the VA. I generally use my local doctor - much closer and more convenient.

The only thing is if you live in a rural location, finding a doctor that takes Tricare can be challenging.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:31 PM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
VA is okay for veterans who have service-connected disabilities. There is a lot of room for the system to be better though. In my opinion the Veteran's Administration, should focus on administration and every hospital they own should be sold. Every city has a hospital, every county has a hospital. There is no true need for government ran hospitals. The VA should administrate the paper work side of veterans being treated by doctors, and the VA should leave the hospital business to hospitals.

I am a retired US service member, I use Tricare. I live in a very rural area that a long-term depressed economy. Doctors here will take any and every method of payment. I am not aware of any doctor, hospital or network here that does not accept Tricare.

Everyone should be allowed to seek medical care at their nearest medical facility. It works for me using Tricare, it should work the same for vets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues