Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 06:06 PM

3 posts, read 2,190 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am Non US Spouse that is living outside United States and my Husband is US Military Service Member that is stationed in Quantico VA. My Husband and I were together since 2010. We met in Japan( he was stationed in iwakuni for 2 years) and decided to have a long engagement before marrying since i cannot quit my job easily and he was on deployment that time. and then after 3 years of engagement we decided to get married in my country( Philippines ). So after the wedding he went home in the US and after 6 months he was out for deployment again and i stayed here in PI. So, when he got back that is when he acts rude towards me ( this was around August ) like he doesnt want me to ask where he's been, no phone calls, always says that he doesnt have the money ( because i was begging him to come over and visit me ) and i started to think where did his money go?he sends me enough to pay my bills and i am i debt with some of my utility bills but i did not told him because i dont want him to worry about me here. and then months passed he was PCSing to VA and my problems with him went bad to worst before we always talk because for me that is the only way to keep our marriage alive since he is not planning to visit me anytime soon, the intimacy was gone , he always have excuses, and he always go outside when he answer my call and sometimes he doesnt even bother to call back at all.I So i started to wonder, and there is this one time that i was begging, crying , getting hysterical with him because i was asking for his mailing address and needed him to know that i have this condition that needs medical attention and i was crying and very angry at the same time because he couldnt answer my call because "he was sewing his uniform for his check in to his new unit" and i stopped calling then the next day i asked for his mailing address and told me "dont panic youre not gonna die soon right?" when he told me that I couldnt believe that he tell things like that to his wife that needs medical attention. And because I am not familiar with wife's entitlements, I did not know that i should have a military dependent ID or Deers ID and it is almost 2 year since i discovered that fact. so i started to question him, interrogate his whereabouts but when i start to ask about his financial matters he starts to flare up and we have been fighting for the longest time now. I dont have anything that states that i have the rights to get those benefits but all i have is his SSN number and thats it nothing more nothing less. and he told me that he was getting BAH and he sends me like 800$-900$ a month, but when i spoke to a personel from the MCB quantico he said that he wont rate for BAH but he is insisting to me that he really was getting BAH since i was registered to IPAC, and then i tried applying for a tour visa and i need his financial statement (LES) he always have excuses , so i started to get deppressed, angry, and everything. I Dont know what to do with him anymore. please I need help or advice before i get crazy. its 8:04 pm in VA and no phone calls since yesterday.i texted him but he only reads it because he says "no phone signal anywhere on base" and he cant provide me his units address or work address. and i felt disrespected because the 1 address he gave me and told me his work address was a family counselling building in quantico

Last edited by oneconfusedwife; 11-04-2014 at 06:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 08:00 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,112,418 times
What is your question? What do you need help from this site? It appears that he is married on paper to get the benefits for him and sends you some of that difference. Are you wanting to mend your relationship? Get medical treatment from a US hospital? Get more money? Get him in trouble for ignoring you? You provided dozens of excuses that he has provided on why he doesn't want to visit or talk.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:54 PM

288 posts, read 453,345 times
There seems to be a monetary benefit for him to marry: more money in his pocket and possibly larger quarters/apartment on base/post depending on his rank, possibly all still better financially than getting a divorce.
It looks to me like he has no interest to continue this marriage. This does not excuse him from his obligation regardless how he feels about the marriage at this point.
Yes you do have the right to medical treatment and you should have an ID card but without paperwork this will be hard. One would assume that your dear husband has started a visa for you to come to the U.S. right after you married?
Your best option might be either to get an attorney and/or try to get to the nearest US military installation and visit their legal office, but again, without a military ID this might be difficult.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:34 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,617,374 times
Do you have the marriage certificate? I promise there is cell coverage in Virginia even on base. Did you find him on Facebook? You could get a lot of the info you need on there if he doesn't have it set to private.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:02 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,344,735 times
It sounds like he is not committed to you or willing to work on the marriage. I agree with the above posters. What do you want?

If you want an ID and medical treatment, and you are legally married, you are ENTITLED to that. Since you don't know his unit, it's probably too hard to contact his first sergeant (someone who could help). You can try contacting the base legal office or command center to find out who his leadership is. There is a military regulation that states you MUST care for and provide care for your spouse. Someone (it was in the news) just got arrested because their spouse was homeless. You are entitled to medical care and an ID card, I'm just not sure who to call since you don't know his unit.

He is required to provide for you financially, and it sounds like he is basically doing that.

He's not required to respect you, or be a good husband. He can get in a ton of trouble for adultery, but that's hard to prove.

Good luck.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:17 AM

367 posts, read 766,745 times
TL, DR, needs formatting (seriously).

Old 11-05-2014, 10:21 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,222,227 times
This is one of the reasons why I'm skeptical to marry women from other countries if/when I PCS overseas.

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like this woman is after this guy's money and his military benefits.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:53 PM

13,139 posts, read 21,059,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I don't know for sure, but it sounds like this woman is after this guy's money and his military benefits.
I don't know for sure, but it sounds like that servicemember is using that women so he can go after unjust militray pay and benefits.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:07 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,973,204 times
She has his SS# so he can be found. If she has that and proof of marriage just contact his last duty station and go from there. Take a wife and take the responsibility.

At some point he's going to have to deal with the situation.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:46 PM

3 posts, read 2,190 times
Thank you for all the response, I will try to call the base operator and try to locate him. since i have his ssn # maybe they will believe that i am his wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues