Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 01:34 PM

3 posts, read 12,995 times

Advertisements

Hello, I just recently left BMT and received my 214, after doing some research i found out that with my discharge code (JDA RE2C) you become intelligible for reenlistment. However the JDA and reason for discharge is incorrect as i went through my medical records and found that i never had a history of the medical issues the discharge was for so i was wondering if there was anyway i would be able to reenlist considering the circumstances, any advice would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 01:56 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,224,111 times
Not very likely...you can petition to have your RE code corrected but that is a long drawn out process and you're not likely to prevail unless you have sufficient evidence to back it up.

JDA is fraudulent enlistment which means you didn't disclose something you should have prior to enlisting. This is what happens when applicants listen to their buddy, uncle, cousin, recruiter, internet forum, etc. when they are told to hide something when they enlist.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:32 PM

thats the thing, its not a JDA. What they're saying i didn't disclose is ulcers, in which i've never actually had ulcers and my medical records prove that.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detaru View Post
thats the thing, its not a JDA. What they're saying i didn't disclose is ulcers, in which i've never actually had ulcers and my medical records prove that.
It doesn't really matter if you have them in your medical records from the past. If you get to BMT and have problems with ulcers and when they ask if you've ever had these problems in the past you say "yeah, one time I had a problem like this" they are going to classify it as a fraudulent enlistment.

They never actually look at your previous medical records unless you present them at enlistment because of an issue you listed that needs review.

I've seen hundreds of people disqualify themselves and even get fraudulent enlistments because of something they said about their past that they failed to say at the time of enlistment.

I have no idea about your situation with the limited information you've provided but something that happens TONS is people try to get out of something (deployments, PT, watchstanding, additional duties, etc.) by claiming a condition and the next thing they know they are processed out for fraudulent enlistment because it wasn't disclosed prior to enlisting. "I can't stand for 5 hours straight because I have weak knees" and next thing they know they are going home.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
It doesn't really matter if you have them in your medical records from the past. If you get to BMT and have problems with ulcers and when they ask if you've ever had these problems in the past you say "yeah, one time I had a problem like this" they are going to classify it as a fraudulent enlistment.
Actually i didn't even have a problem with them at bmt. I went to the medical clinic there because of stomach pain, it was suggested i had ulcers, which was also suggested in the past but never diagnosed(even at bmt) then they started the process to send me home when i said it was suggested in the past.

Thank you for all the information, i am talking to my recruiter in hopes that if i can't join the air force again perhaps another branch if possible as i have no physical or mental issues, just a misunderstanding.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detaru View Post
Actually i didn't even have a problem with them at bmt. I went to the medical clinic there because of stomach pain, it was suggested i had ulcers, which was also suggested in the past but never diagnosed(even at bmt) then they started the process to send me home when i said it was suggested in the past.

Thank you for all the information, i am talking to my recruiter in hopes that if i can't join the air force again perhaps another branch if possible as i have no physical or mental issues, just a misunderstanding.
That is exactly as I described...if you say "it was suggested in the past that I had ulcers" and you didn't reveal that when enlisting they that is a fraudulent enlistment.

If it wasn't listed when you first joined then you should NEVER say anything other than that while in the service. If you later indicate you had a problem before you enlisted that wasn't documented then things are sure to go south.

Good luck but no one is going to touch a 2C RE code.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:10 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,329,732 times
^^^^^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues