Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 06:26 AM

608 posts, read 239,246 times

Advertisements

I was in the military a fair while ago.

I had the honor of working with people that were strong, smart and, in turn taught me to be stronger and smarter. My upbringing was financially so weak that the miltary was, and still is the best financial move I've ever made.

However, I am worried the legalized anti-White racism (called "Critical Race Theory") is being enforced through the ranks and, that this would:

1) Cause new enlistment and retention rates to plummet.

2) Attract poor quality recruits that would:
A) Use the access go weapons to attack others (like in Fort Hood)
B) Exhibit mental defects like gender confusion that would render them medically non-deployable.

3) Embolden enemy nations to attack us directly.

Are there active-duty or prior service personnel that are also concerned?

I don't expect much in the way of response... speech crime has become a very real thing. I've seen several instances, with my own eyes, of people wearing the BLM logo at work, yet someone wearing a MAGA logo was fired within minutes.

I grow concerned that people in the military, who took an oath to defend the Constitution, might be given a bad conduct discharge for speaking against Critical Race Theory, which is unconstitutional in just how vehemently and venomously racist it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 07:42 AM

6,093 posts, read 3,334,624 times
I’m very conflicted on all of this.

On the one hand, I haven’t seen any drop in capability. Yet. But as of today, we still have a top notch force. Also, I completely understand how a black person, trans person, gay person, other person of color would feel angry about the past and perhaps all of this diversity training might placate him/her/them?

But on the other hand, I don’t really see all of this as a positive. I see it causing divisiveness and I see it as a potential problem in regards to unit cohesiveness which is absolutely imperative in building a quality force. I could easily see this fracturing the unit.

So I think the military must remain as the meritocracy that it is today. I get it, pre 1948, there wasn’t meritocracy, and it took decades to achieve it after Truman signed the bill in 1948. But bringing up all of that past does no good for anyone today, except the people who want to revel in victimization.

I guess if they want to teach this, maybe it won’t cause any problems? The ones that need it, get that happy feeling, and the ones that think it is complete BS can just go through the motions, maintain professionalism, and then get back to work?

Old 06-19-2021, 01:39 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,771,597 times
I don't believe it's happening, particularly not "CRT."

An Air Force officer, Lt Col Matthew Lohmeier recently lost a command position in the Space Force over a book he self-published and broadcast comments about "Marxism" and "CRT" being taught in the military.

I bought his book and read it cover-to-cover. He's got no examples at all of Marxism and CRT being taught in the military. He's anecdotes about people he's met in the military who have political views to the left of his. He's got anecdotes about people who told him they don't like the "politics" in the military. But in the military, "politics" refers to good-old-boy networks, back-scratching, butt-kissing, and self-licking ice cream cones...not Marxism.

He never provided an example of anyone actually teaching Marxism or CRT to troops. Before I believe that, I want to see the PowerPoint presentation. I want to see the course documentation. I want to see the instructional guidelines. If he were a unit commander, he'd have that material...but he didn't show it.

Old 06-19-2021, 02:43 PM

20 posts, read 10,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
I was in the military a fair while ago.

I had the honor of working with people that were strong, smart and, in turn taught me to be stronger and smarter. My upbringing was financially so weak that the miltary was, and still is the best financial move I've ever made.
There's nothing 'anti-white' about Critical Race Theory. History and sociology are not 'anti-white' - or, for that matter, anti-anything.

Quote:
However, I am worried the legalized anti-White racism (called "Critical Race Theory") is being enforced through the ranks and, that this would:

1) Cause new enlistment and retention rates to plummet.

2) Attract poor quality recruits that would:
A) Use the access go weapons to attack others (like in Fort Hood)
B) Exhibit mental defects like gender confusion that would render them medically non-deployable.

3) Embolden enemy nations to attack us directly.
I will note that Critical Race Theory is the latest in a long line of things that was going to do all of the above.

Racially integrating the military? Check.
Allowing women broadly into the ranks, into the service academies, then later to serve in combat roles? Check.
Allowing gays to serve openly? Check.

All of these things, among others, would going to destroy the military, according to social reactionaries who really didn't/don't understand how the world works and/or couldn't think of a better excuse to rationalize their abhorrence of change.

Quote:
Are there active-duty or prior service personnel that are also concerned?
I'm prior service. I expect you've already figured out my position here.

Quote:
I don't expect much in the way of response... speech crime has become a very real thing. I've seen several instances, with my own eyes, of people wearing the BLM logo at work, yet someone wearing a MAGA logo was fired within minutes.
So you expect to be rounded up and charged for 'speech crime' as a result of this post of yours? Really?

Oh, wait. People getting fired? Now you're equating termination without cause with criminal prosecution? Frankly, there seem to be a lot of words you don't understand. I recall a recent president demanding that kneeling athletes be fired for their speech. But I don't for a minute think you'd ever call that 'speech crime'.

Quote:
I grow concerned that people in the military, who took an oath to defend the Constitution, might be given a bad conduct discharge for speaking against Critical Race Theory, which is unconstitutional in just how vehemently and venomously racist it is.
Tell you what, let us know when a service member is discharged for speaking against Critical Race Theory. Until then, you're just flailing away against nothing more than your own invented boogeyman.

Also, if you think a theory - any theory - can be unconstitutional, then you are profoundly confused as to the nature of the Constitution.

Old 06-19-2021, 06:29 PM

608 posts, read 239,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellu Uchu View Post
There's nothing 'anti-white' about Critical Race Theory. History and sociology are not 'anti-white' - or, for that matter, anti-anything.

I will note that Critical Race Theory is the latest in a long line of things that was going to do all of the above.

Racially integrating the military? Check.
Allowing women broadly into the ranks, into the service academies, then later to serve in combat roles? Check.
Allowing gays to serve openly? Check.

All of these things, among others, would going to destroy the military, according to social reactionaries who really didn't/don't understand how the world works and/or couldn't think of a better excuse to rationalize their abhorrence of change.

I'm prior service. I expect you've already figured out my position here.

So you expect to be rounded up and charged for 'speech crime' as a result of this post of yours? Really?

Oh, wait. People getting fired? Now you're equating termination without cause with criminal prosecution? Frankly, there seem to be a lot of words you don't understand. I recall a recent president demanding that kneeling athletes be fired for their speech. But I don't for a minute think you'd ever call that 'speech crime'.

Tell you what, let us know when a service member is discharged for speaking against Critical Race Theory. Until then, you're just flailing away against nothing more than your own invented boogeyman.

Also, if you think a theory - any theory - can be unconstitutional, then you are profoundly confused as to the nature of the Constitution.
It was the football players' right to kneel, we fight for their right to say disagreeable things.

The teaching of what historically occured is not racist.

Perhaps, my interpretation of some legal concepts is inaccurate.

----------

However, Critical Race Theory is so explicitly, intentionally and, obviously in favor of institutionalized racism against White people ...that to state otherwise is akin to saying 2 plus 2 equals something other than 4.

Old 06-19-2021, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I don't believe it's happening, particularly not "CRT."

An Air Force officer, Lt Col Matthew Lohmeier recently lost a command position in the Space Force over a book he self-published and broadcast comments about "Marxism" and "CRT" being taught in the military.

I bought his book and read it cover-to-cover. He's got no examples at all of Marxism and CRT being taught in the military. He's anecdotes about people he's met in the military who have political views to the left of his. He's got anecdotes about people who told him they don't like the "politics" in the military. But in the military, "politics" refers to good-old-boy networks, back-scratching, butt-kissing, and self-licking ice cream cones...not Marxism.

He never provided an example of anyone actually teaching Marxism or CRT to troops. Before I believe that, I want to see the PowerPoint presentation. I want to see the course documentation. I want to see the instructional guidelines. If he were a unit commander, he'd have that material...but he didn't show it.
10 Sep 20, USAF JAG released a memo:

The Air Force memo said, any training that teaches “virtually all White people contribute to racism,” requires service members or civilians to say they “benefit from racism,” includes “white privilege” or “critical race theory," teaches or suggests “the United States is an inherently racist or evil country,” or teaches or suggests that “any race or ethnicity is inherently racist or evil” is out of bounds.

This memo was released in response to the 4 Sep 20 OMB memo, which was based on Trump’s recent executive order banning diversity training about systemic racism.

On 2 Mar 21, OMB released a new directive based off of Biden’s executive order that rescinded Trump’s executive order on banning diversity training about systemic racism.

As far as LTC Lohmeier, he stated that he was given a 70 page pamphlet and other slide shows. Since I didn’t read the book, I don’t know if that is in there, but in interviews he clearly states he was given materials based on CRT. You can believe he is lying, I’m just saying that he absolutely said that.

But getting back to Biden and Lloyd Austin. Of course they aren’t going to immediately mandate full CRT training for everyone in the military. It will probably be a very gradual introduction by tweaking current diversity training, if it were to happen.

But that Air Force memo from Sep 2020, why would Biden and Austin look at that and have a problem with it if they didn’t want to teach CRT somewhere down the line?

Old 06-20-2021, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
10 Sep 20, USAF JAG released a memo:

The Air Force memo said, any training that teaches “virtually all White people contribute to racism,” requires service members or civilians to say they “benefit from racism,” includes “white privilege” or “critical race theory," teaches or suggests “the United States is an inherently racist or evil country,” or teaches or suggests that “any race or ethnicity is inherently racist or evil” is out of bounds.

This memo was released in response to the 4 Sep 20 OMB memo, which was based on Trump’s recent executive order banning diversity training about systemic racism.

On 2 Mar 21, OMB released a new directive based off of Biden’s executive order that rescinded Trump’s executive order on banning diversity training about systemic racism.

As far as LTC Lohmeier, he stated that he was given a 70 page pamphlet and other slide shows. Since I didn’t read the book, I don’t know if that is in there, but in interviews he clearly states he was given materials based on CRT. You can believe he is lying, I’m just saying that he absolutely said that.

But getting back to Biden and Lloyd Austin. Of course they aren’t going to immediately mandate full CRT training for everyone in the military. It will probably be a very gradual introduction by tweaking current diversity training, if it were to happen.

But that Air Force memo from Sep 2020, why would Biden and Austin look at that and have a problem with it if they didn’t want to teach CRT somewhere down the line?
I don't believe the Air Force did or has ever performed any training that " teaches 'virtually all White people contribute to racism,' requires service members or civilians to say they 'benefit from racism,' includes 'white privilege' or 'critical race theory,' teaches or suggests 'the United States is an inherently racist or evil country,' or teaches or suggests that 'any race or ethnicity is inherently racist or evil.'" The fact that they said they shall not does not mean they ever did. Show me the documents that prove it.

Lt Col Lohmeier published his own book and had 200+ pages to produce whatever training he was given that would prove otherwise. He did not do so. He provided no supporting hard evidence at all. He did quote Tucker Carlson for page after page, however. You tell me why he failed to provide hard evidence.

I would also point out that anti-racism training, per se, is not CRT. Nor would a discussion of "white privilege" necessarily involve CRT. That's not what CRT is.

Show me the PowerPoint, or it didn't happen. If it's all over the Air Force and the entire military, as Lt Col Lohmeire says, show me the PowerPoint.

Old 06-20-2021, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I don't believe the Air Force did or has ever performed any training that " teaches 'virtually all White people contribute to racism,' requires service members or civilians to say they 'benefit from racism,' includes 'white privilege' or 'critical race theory,' teaches or suggests 'the United States is an inherently racist or evil country,' or teaches or suggests that 'any race or ethnicity is inherently racist or evil.'" The fact that they said they shall not does not mean they ever did. Show me the documents that prove it.

Lt Col Lohmeier published his own book and had 200+ pages to produce whatever training he was given that would prove otherwise. He did not do so. He provided no supporting hard evidence at all. He did quote Tucker Carlson for page after page, however. You tell me why he failed to provide hard evidence.

I would also point out that anti-racism training, per se, is not CRT. Nor would a discussion of "white privilege" necessarily involve CRT. That's not what CRT is.

Show me the PowerPoint, or it didn't happen. If it's all over the Air Force and the entire military, as Lt Col Lohmeire says, show me the PowerPoint.
You seem too far gone in your ideology on this to have a rational discussion, but your point of view on this issue explains a lot to me why I disagree with you on a lot of topics that come across this forum.

First of all, the formal training aspect of the military, the ones where you have to go online and maintain annual currency, likely do not teach what LTC Lohmeier is alluding to. But we both know that’s not the entirety of training in the military.

Look, I have been in briefings, Stand down days, conferences, and listened to senior leaders speak, sometimes with PowerPoint, but mostly not. I have heard some eye opening things regarding race, and I didn’t care for it, to be honest. I’m certainly not going to release what I heard, as I feel it is privileged information not to be disseminated outside a unit.

So I think you are looking for formal training, while everyone to the right of the issue is looking to stamp out the informal aspects of all this.

I do find it odd that Lloyd Austin rescinded policy that banned “white privilege” training. Why would he do that? Is he looking at adding that to the formal training somewhere down the road?

Obviously, we will not see eye to eye on this issue, but I’d like to read your thoughts on what Austin is doing. What is his goal with all of this?

I believe he has also said that white extremism is a problem in the military of today, yet I honestly have never seen even one instance of white extremism at any base I’ve ever been at.

Not saying it doesn’t exist, just saying I’ve never seen it. My experience is mostly all Air Force, but I’ve worked at a handful of Army and USMC bases. My interaction with the Navy is basically zero, though.

Old 06-20-2021, 05:03 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,325,635 times
I have no concerns with any official training. Some people have gone rogue, but that's not a reflection on the official training.

Old 06-20-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Look, I have been in briefings, Stand down days, conferences, and listened to senior leaders speak, sometimes with PowerPoint, but mostly not. I have heard some eye opening things regarding race, and I didn’t care for it, to be honest. I’m certainly not going to release what I heard, as I feel it is privileged information not to be disseminated outside a unit.
Well, that statement is a load of Bravo Sierra.

If it's not classified and has nothing to do with operational security, you certainly could release it. And it can't be FOUO either, because FOUO information must fit one of 9 specific categories, which that kind of training certainly would not.

You've got nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues