Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 5,465 times

Advertisements

First off, a quick THANK YOU to all the posters offering feedback on this forum. I've found so much helpful information from you, and want you to know that your time is very much appreciated!

My fiance and I are moving to Milwaukee in May for work and we are having the most difficult time finding an apartment that will allow pitbulls. The breed as been given a bad rep and no apartment complexes that we have looked at will allow them. Do anyone know of an apartment/condo/duplex/townhouse that will take our breed. We are willing to do a pet visit to show how nice and harmless our baby is. We have papers on her and she has all her shots. We are willing to do whatever it takes to keep our baby and find a great place to stay.

We are also open to areas outside of the city as well i.e. Brookfield, Wauwatosa, West Allis, Shorewood, etc.

Any information you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 06:57 PM

101 posts, read 199,948 times
I'm sorry if I don't have any solid suggestions but I just wanted to say I've heard offering an additional sum of money each month - say $75.00 or so- has often changed the opinions of landlords who have initially said no. Have you tried any private landlords? Maybe they would be more flexible and willing to negotiate especially after meeting you and getting a good impression.

Another thought I had was Cudahy. Nothing to go by just think it seems a little more laid back and like rent might be cheaper. Cudahy gets a bad rap but it's really close to the lake with a lot of parkland and a fantastic bike trail and not too far south of downtown. As an outsider to the area I really can't see why the potential in Cudahy hasn't been realized. It can at times be a little bit of a time warp but it is not far from the city so better culture isn't far away and if you like old architecture as I do there is lots of it. Then again it's the opposite of say a place like shorewood and a little rough around the edges so maybe it wouldn't appeal to you. Note: The area north of Layton Ave is considered to be better and to me at least seems pretty quiet and safe.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/apa/4371375953.html
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/apa/4373202995.html
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/apa/4368994454.html
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/apa/4362082549.html

Last edited by fonitin; 03-15-2014 at 07:48 PM..

Old 03-15-2014, 08:33 PM

101 posts, read 199,948 times
Also this place looks nice Bay View. I can vouch for its good location.
Bay View landmark w Lake view, fireplace, screen porch, hdw flrs

I know Bay View has a lot of home owners but I see many pit bulls and even pit bull pride bumper stickers so maybe landlords are understanding. Seems like every other person has a rescued pit bull.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:16 AM

3 posts, read 8,293 times
Thank you both for this thread. We too have a "bully breed" and may need to rent in Milwaukee soon.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,363 times
I am looking for my son also who owns the sweetest pit bull. Please help!!

Old 07-08-2015, 12:35 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Home - this property management company advises their clients (aka landlords) not to place any restrictions on pets... It's up to individual homeowner though whether to listen to the reason or not. I wouldn't have any restrictions if I were a landlord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee