Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 916 times

Advertisements

Hi I am in Georgia and am looking for some Bauernhoffen lines around here. I have a black male I got from John Roper in Marietta, Ga. but I am afraid he is to old to produce puppies now. I would really like to keep the bloodline as they are very sweet and protective dogs! If anyone can help me please send mehunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 10:46 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,245,351 times
Interesting... I'd never heard of a "Bauernhoffen" GSD. It doesn't appear to be an officially subset, just the descendants of a group of DDR dogs from a single breeder with a family name "Bauer". It does appear as if the original breeder and his wife have passed away.

I found a "Bauernhoffen German Shepherds" facebook profile for a breeder in Athens, GA who appears to still be active, and I found where he claims to have 100% Bauernhoffen stock.

I also found a Bauernhoffen Kennels in High Point, NC, and they also claim to be 100% Bauernhoffen lines.

It's possible there are other breeders with 100% lines, but I highly doubt it with such a specialized subset. I've definitely never heard of one in Mississippi.

For what it's worth, if you are interested in expanding your search beyond this one line, I highly recommend checking out Sequoya German Shepherds in Chattanooga (Soddy Daisy), Tennessee. They only breed dogs that have passed certain levels of training as well as weeding out hips and other GSP-specific genetic issues. While they have several lines that go on to full professional police and/or search and rescue jobs, they also have lines more suited for top-level personal protection family pets. They had a couple of "family pets" as top finishers in the 2015 SDA National Championships this summer. They have a few DDR dogs (same East German Stock the Bauernhoffen dogs came from) along with several Czech lines.

Last edited by An Einnseanair; 09-14-2015 at 10:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi