Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 07:47 AM

96 posts, read 39,802 times

Advertisements

are there any MMA fighters that have at least 25 fights and are undefeated? It's like these MMA fighters come and go, they don't last long. Chris Weidman defeated Anderson Silva but lost to less skilled fighters after him and it's embarrassing. I actually like him since he is from Nassau County Long Island like I am. He lost 3 times in a row. I thought the UFC let them go when they lose 3 fights. That's what happened to Ivan Menjivar and he was the only one with my nationality in the UFC. Since he stopped fighting I don't even watch UFC anymore. Ronda Rousey didn't last long. Anderson Silva didn't last long. I am comparing them to undefeated professional boxers. Compare the best boxers right now to the best mma fighters and the mma fighter will have loses. 25 or more fights. Where the hell are they? Do they even exist? Any top MMA fighter who was undefeated with at least 25 professional fights??????

Old 07-04-2017, 03:29 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,996,593 times
......they don't last long....

Same with the women..........Rousey, Holm,Tate.

Andy Warhol says everybody gets their 15 minutes of fame.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:08 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwunswer View Post
are there any MMA fighters that have at least 25 fights and are undefeated? It's like these MMA fighters come and go, they don't last long. Chris Weidman defeated Anderson Silva but lost to less skilled fighters after him and it's embarrassing. I actually like him since he is from Nassau County Long Island like I am. He lost 3 times in a row. I thought the UFC let them go when they lose 3 fights. That's what happened to Ivan Menjivar and he was the only one with my nationality in the UFC. Since he stopped fighting I don't even watch UFC anymore. Ronda Rousey didn't last long. Anderson Silva didn't last long. I am comparing them to undefeated professional boxers. Compare the best boxers right now to the best mma fighters and the mma fighter will have loses. 25 or more fights. Where the hell are they? Do they even exist? Any top MMA fighter who was undefeated with at least 25 professional fights??????
see your biggest problem, youre trying to compare 2 totally different sports.

its like saying the longest win streak in the nba is 33 straight, so why is the longest win streak in the nfl only 21?

you just cant do it.

next youll tell us the same old story about how boxing is better because mayweather makes a lot of money.

blah blah blah

Old 07-05-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
see your biggest problem, youre trying to compare 2 totally different sports.

its like saying the longest win streak in the nba is 33 straight, so why is the longest win streak in the nfl only 21?

you just cant do it.

next youll tell us the same old story about how boxing is better because mayweather makes a lot of money.

blah blah blah
they are both combat sports, even in kickboxing and muay thai you have fighters that are 30 plus and undefeated so your logic doesn't make sense

Old 07-05-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwunswer View Post
they are both combat sports, even in kickboxing and muay thai you have fighters that are 30 plus and undefeated so your logic doesn't make sense
Mma has far far far more options and ways to win/lose.
Boxing is 1 dimensional in comparison
The vast majority of those undefeated boxers fought cans for their first 5-10-15 fights. You don't see that in mma.
Hell mayweather was fighting cans until his 15-16th fight. His 9th or 10th opponent was 1-13.

Mma doesn't protect fighters, they make the fights the fans want to see.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Boxing is 1 dimensional in comparison
The vast majority of those undefeated boxers fought cans for their first 5-10-15 fights. You don't see that in mma.
Hell mayweather was fighting cans until his 15-16th fight. His 9th or 10th opponent was 1-13.

Mma doesn't protect fighters, they make the fights the fans want to see.
you are supposed to gradually move up to improve your skills, these mma fighters are like a fad, they come and go, it's just copy and paste like cookie cutters, thats why these guys aren't skilled at what they do in every discipline, it's like they found a lot of these guys behind garbage dumpsters fighting and now they are UFC fighters, its a joke to every discipline, Conor McGregor is supposed to be a stand up fighter but he wouldn't be champion in boxing, kickboxing or muay thai, Floyd Mayweather will teach this kid a lesson

Old 07-05-2017, 07:51 PM

Clearly you've never trained anything
You're welcome to walk into any mma/bjj gym in your area and offer that challenge.

Take your boxing bs bias back to the boxing board.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:34 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
This is one of the larger reasons why amassing a long undefeated streak would prove more challenging in mma. However, if the OP is genuinely interested in watching an undefeated fighter rack up more wins, I'd point them towards Joanna Jedrzejczyk. She's got a few more coming, I'm sure.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:33 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
The OP says Anderson Silva didn't last long. Do you realize he fought in the UFC for 7 years before he lost to Chris Weidman. When he lost he was on the downside of his career(38 years old) and already defended his belt many times.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:35 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,306 times
Khabib after he puts the whooping on Tony Ferguson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)