Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,891 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else seen this slideshow article on Yahoo! Homes? I seen it posted on FB timeline by channel 15 and I couldn't believe we voted number 9. Mobile doesn't seem all that bad to me... what are your thoughts? Here is the link to the gallery/article/whatever it is : https://homes.yahoo.com/photos/galle...ies-slideshow/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 10:45 AM

5,002 posts, read 9,164,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellingrathBelle View Post
Has anyone else seen this slideshow article on Yahoo! Homes? I seen it posted on FB timeline by channel 15 and I couldn't believe we voted number 9. Mobile doesn't seem all that bad to me... what are your thoughts? Here is the link to the gallery/article/whatever it is : https://homes.yahoo.com/photos/galle...ies-slideshow/
They claim that it was a random phone poll.Mobile had another article last year around this time claiming we were the 3rd based on the random phone call. They even listed Chattanooga, Tn and that is a decent sized progressive city. Who ever these so call poll voters are must be some sick people.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:54 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,087,914 times
I find lousy polls such as this just offer more confidence when it comes to dealing with other comparatives that mean nothing. One knows that intelligent people don't take this sort of thing seriously.

The proof it is crazy is all around for anyone to see.

raj

Old 04-09-2014, 08:42 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
I agree. These top ten lists have gone past their sell date. Maybe 10-15 years ago there was something to them but now if one has results you don't line just wait a day or two for some other site to post theirs to get the results that suit you.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:55 PM

275 posts, read 536,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
They claim that it was a random phone poll.Mobile had another article last year around this time claiming we were the 3rd based on the random phone call. They even listed Chattanooga, Tn and that is a decent sized progressive city. Who ever these so call poll voters are must be some sick people.
As soon as I saw Chattanooga on the list I knew it was ridiculous. Chattanooga has so much going for it... great use of waterfront, museums, arts district, great farmers' market, restaurants, plenty of outside activities...

Old 04-10-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilemom52 View Post
As soon as I saw Chattanooga on the list I knew it was ridiculous. Chattanooga has so much going for it... great use of waterfront, museums, arts district, great farmers' market, restaurants, plenty of outside activities...
You and I have agreed on this before.

You are so correct, Chattanooga on that list should make any city proud.

(what's with these crazy judgments, not rankings)

raj

Old 04-11-2014, 09:27 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,396,690 times
mobile really is that bad, but its mainly traffic, the city like to stop you at every light.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:00 PM

3 posts, read 5,284 times
I agree. I was miserable there, that's why I moved away.

Cities are sort of like relationships, you've got to find the one that's right for you (or close enough).

Old 04-12-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Bass View Post
I agree. I was miserable there, that's why I moved away.

Cities are sort of like relationships, you've got to find the one that's right for you (or close enough).

True, but not being 'right for you' does not make Mobile a miserable city.

I love NY NY, but I would hate to live there. And in no way would I presume to say it is a miserable city, but never the less, I would hate to live there.

Those comparative list have no rational basis for existence other than the INTERNET has made it possible to publish ANYTHING AT ALL, NO MATTER HOW LUDICROUS. The disturbing thing is that the INTERNET has become accepted as factual without being fact based. Leading to highly misinformed societies around the globe.

Hope you are doing well in your new home,
raj

Old 04-13-2014, 12:01 AM

2 posts, read 2,891 times
as a person born and raised in mobile county, I admit, it's not perfect (no city is) but it's far from miserable. I completely agree with the traffic lol especially on airport..omg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
View detailed profiles of: