Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2019, 03:03 PM

313 posts, read 249,756 times

Advertisements

The Tillmans corner exit gets pretty bad, traffic really bottleneck after the i65 interchange westbound. I wonder why demetropolis road was never developed all the way to the interstate. Pretty sure itll alleviate the traffic cluster in tillmans corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 02:06 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,164,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
The Tillmans corner exit gets pretty bad, traffic really bottleneck after the i65 interchange westbound. I wonder why demetropolis road was never developed all the way to the interstate. Pretty sure itll alleviate the traffic cluster in tillmans corner.
Yeah traffic can get pretty thick near that exit. I think it needs to be widened at least to Irvington.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:02 PM

Rangline and that area has always been its own but now it appears to be blossoming at a more steady pace. Extending demetroplis to i-10 would have a number of benefits. That interchange update would take drivers to different section of the city, demetroplis takes you north whereas rangeline takes you west. Demetroplis just needs expansion from hwy 90 going south to i10 which is pretty short. This would also give i10 a thoroughfare directly to a major alabama university in a major alabana city. I think it would help more with the development of that area whereas mobile can capitalize off i10 traffice

Old 03-19-2019, 04:06 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,516,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras251 View Post
Rangline and that area has always been its own but now it appears to be blossoming at a more steady pace. Extending demetroplis to i-10 would have a number of benefits. That interchange update would take drivers to different section of the city, demetroplis takes you north whereas rangeline takes you west. Demetroplis just needs expansion from hwy 90 going south to i10 which is pretty short. This would also give i10 a thoroughfare directly to a major alabama university in a major alabana city. I think it would help more with the development of that area whereas mobile can capitalize off i10 traffice
Good luck getting an interchange update ... or really anything else done.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Good luck getting an interchange update ... or really anything else done.
Im optimistic i mean besides the hwy 158 extension and the needed expansion of i-10 west of the tgeodore exit. Im hoping the 10 cent gas hike and a little grass roots effort from some students at the University of South Alabama could help . Its worth a try our students are a pretty strong force, after all we did keep our on campus stadium alive

Old 03-20-2019, 04:17 AM

688 posts, read 1,206,802 times
Connecting Demotropolis to I-10 could potentially involve construction through some environmentally sensitive areas: Halls Mill Creek and Dog River watersheds.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:54 PM

562 posts, read 666,687 times
Technically, Demetropolis ends at the service road along the rangeline exit itself.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:30 AM

Thats why we have engineers. If a bridge can be built along tge northern part of big creek lake and across the mobile river, im pretty sure environmental issues can be resolved. Yes it does end there but its close enough to i10. Some friends and i here at the university have been doing research on how to start tge initiative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area