Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2008, 02:14 PM
CTC CTC started this thread

668 posts, read 1,466,391 times

Advertisements

It seems like every park I have taken my dog to in Billings (except for the one along the river) has a sign that states "City Ordinance-No Dogs Allowed"

I mean we always pick up after our dog and keep her on a leash for the most part-makes it tough for exercising your dog

Are there any parks in Billings that people take their dogs to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 05:42 PM

92 posts, read 388,319 times
River front park that you have been to. I believe the other one is Coulson, it is between the river & highway and you can get to it by going over the S 27th street overpass like you would be going to PPL MT's Corette Power Plant. It has river access. Two Moon Park in the heights might also be a place or Lake Elmo in the heights. I am not for certain on those two though. Usually any river access site has some room to exercise a dog. Duck Creek road and then River road and then Thiel road going south of the interstate between Laurel & Billings. It has many river access points.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:35 PM

3 posts, read 10,926 times
I know for sure that Lake Elmo has one side (the west side) that is totally dog friendly as well as Riverfront. However, I am also curious as to where other may be. I shall investigate and hopefully find more I can post on here.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:31 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,970,964 times
We have taken our dogs to Two Moon Park for excercise. Nice trails through the bushes, easy river access. We have seen people throwing sticks in the river for dogs to fetch.
It is a very nice park. I hope the users continue to keep it clean.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:03 PM

16 posts, read 50,815 times
Default Not that I have found

I haven't found a real dog park in Billings.

We have little dogs that love to run, we tried to go to the RiverFront park
but the area was nasty, full of bugs and mosquitos and very unfreindly for our little dogs.

There is a dog park at the St. Elmo Lake, it costs $5.00 per time, as far as I can figure out.
There is a dog park at one of the local kennels it cost $ also.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,101 times
Elmo state park does not charge anymore in 2013 but the way into the water is hard if your dog has back problems or mobility problems like my dog does. She needs the water for exercise but they do not keep the dog park up -it has not shoreline for them to go gradually into the water and out, it just has a steep drop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana