Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 02:00 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times

Advertisements

It's hard to believe, but here it is—straight from the Billings Gazette.

https://billingsgazette.com/news/gov...E3F27346A3E334

Old 08-19-2018, 03:39 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,533,648 times
We have term limits in Montana, so he can't run for governor again. That pretty much clinched it for his political future here. I think he will be a pariah now.

He's in Iowa trying to show he is presidential material.

Prior to this remark he could have run for Senator against Daines next go round & probably won.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:39 PM

347 posts, read 521,806 times
So much for democrats in Montana being moderate.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:30 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Gotta love the priorities of Montana. Some of the lowest wages in the country and few good paying jobs but by God guns are a priority.

And no, I'm not anti gun so don't say that if you choose to respond.

Old 08-20-2018, 06:38 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
It's hard to believe, but here it is—straight from the Billings Gazette.

https://billingsgazette.com/news/gov...E3F27346A3E334
I've known Bullock for several years in professional interactions. He's a nice guy to talk to, but he's a lawyer and a politician, so he'll say or do whatever it takes to get what he wants.
I don't know if he actually has an opinion on firearms, but he does have a vested interest in furthering his career, and kow-towing to the central party committee is definitely something he would do.

He doesn't want to be senator, he'd wants to be president. He's politically astute enough to realise he's burning his bridges in Montana, but he's got such an inflated opinion of himself, he's probably already looking at China patterns for the official White House service.

When king Brian Schweitzer was termed out, the dems thought he would be the second coming of obama, but he said something the gays didn't like, so he was out. Bullock is just a politician, so don't believe anything he says, but if it gets him away from government where he can do us harm, then I'm glad he said it on his way to a long overdue retirement.

Last edited by volosong; 08-22-2018 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: fixed close quote hypertag

Old 08-21-2018, 07:37 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
IF bullock got the nomination, I did not plan to vote for him.
Now, I absolutely KNOW I will not vote for him.
Yes, NDak, some of us in Montana believe the Constitution says what it means, and means what it says, INCLUDING the Second Amendment!
It really isn't a "gun" issue, it is a Constitutional issue. Read the various oaths that military enlistees, Senators, House members, the President, and others swear to when accepting Government Service, then ask yourself "HOW can anyone truthfully take this oath, when he has already made it a matter of record that he does NOT intend to uphold and defend every portion of the Constitution Of The United States?"

THAT, sir or Ma'am, is the issue, IMO.
You may not be "anti-gun", but you have certainly proved to me that you are anti-Second Amendment!

Old 08-21-2018, 10:50 AM

643 posts, read 329,712 times
Interesting how moderate Democrats in other states praise Bullock for being a moderate.

Anyone suggesting a ban on semi automatic rifles is no moderate.

He is a fox in a sheep suit.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:11 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post
Interesting how moderate Democrats in other states praise Bullock for being a moderate.

Anyone suggesting a ban on semi automatic rifles is no moderate.

He is a fox in a sheep suit.
There are no moderate democrats anymore. Guys like Tim Penny or Zell Miller are long gone. What we are left with are guys like bullock with no moral center, just the drive to get more and more power by whatever means necessary.

He's a nice guy to talk to, but then so are most used car dealers. As long as you keep your hand on your wallet when you're around them and don't sign anything, they put on a great show.

Bullock was the only governor I can find that went through 3 lieutenant governors in his first term. He is a politician, nothing more, nothing less. I really don't think he cares one way or the other about guns or the Constitution, He just says what he thinks he needs to for money and votes.

I agree though that his career is over in Montana.

To NoDak, to some of us, money isn't the only reason to live. It's a nice tool, but has very little bearing on the important things in life like family, honor, quality of life, it is handy to get stuff, but money isn't happiness, just another thing. You can live well with it or without it so for some of us, the values and traditions of our republic that define us as a sovereign nation, such as our Constitution, are far more important than if I can afford a starbucks half caf decalf moca espresochino latte in the morning or not.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:48 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
There are no moderate democrats anymore. Guys like Tim Penny or Zell Miller are long gone. What we are left with are guys like bullock with no moral center, just the drive to get more and more power by whatever means necessary.

He's a nice guy to talk to, but then so are most used car dealers. As long as you keep your hand on your wallet when you're around them and don't sign anything, they put on a great show.

Bullock was the only governor I can find that went through 3 lieutenant governors in his first term. He is a politician, nothing more, nothing less. I really don't think he cares one way or the other about guns or the Constitution, He just says what he thinks he needs to for money and votes.

I agree though that his career is over in Montana.

To NoDak, to some of us, money isn't the only reason to live. It's a nice tool, but has very little bearing on the important things in life like family, honor, quality of life, it is handy to get stuff, but money isn't happiness, just another thing. You can live well with it or without it so for some of us, the values and traditions of our republic that define us as a sovereign nation, such as our Constitution, are far more important than if I can afford a starbucks half caf decalf moca espresochino latte in the morning or not.
Oh Silvertip come down from your damn ivory tower and experience the real world. I'm talking about an economy and people besides retirees with a good nest egg or the very wealthy living somewhere. They need jobs and money. I'm not talking about being wealthy. Anyone who is enjoying the "quality of life" that Montana offers has is not doing it while working for minimum wage because no other jobs are available. Skiing, hunting, fishing, snowboarding, water sports, and even hiking, camping, and snowshoeing all cost at least some money. If you're barely making ends meet leisure activities are the first to go. Please enlighten me also on how the Constitution and values of our sovereign nation are going to influence this lovely quality of life when you aren't able to enjoy what the state has to offer? But none of that matters because you have your damn guns right?

Old 08-21-2018, 04:28 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
NoDak, apparently you believe that the majority of Montanans are minimum wage earners.
I guess you don't believe that we have any truck drivers, Registered Nurses, Nurse's Aides, EMTs, Mechanics, real estate agents, bus drivers (by the way, Jefferson Lines is advertising for both mechanics and drivers), etc.
Even the starting wage at McDonald's and other fast food places is 10 to 12.50 per hour!
Montanans aren't as poor as you seem to think. Oh, sure, there are poor people here, as there are anywhere. We even have some homeless folks. But most of us, even us retirees, are living quite well, and guns are not the be-all and end-all of our existence.
Yes, many of us tend to be strict-constructionalists when it comes to our State and Federal Constitution, especially the Bill Of Rights. Not just the Second or First Amendment, but ALL of the BOR!
You want to know how Montanans think? Read our State Constitution, keeping in mind that we had it re-written and re-ratified in 1972! Pay close attention to Article II, sections 1 through 35. Note that the Right To Bear Arms isn't mentioned until Section 12. That's right, 11 items were considered more important than guns!
In the North Dakota State Constitution, the Right To Bear Arms is in Article I, Section 1. Look it up. Seems like the people of NoDak put a higher priority on the Right To Keep And Bear Arms than the people of Montana...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: