Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2015, 08:41 AM

31 posts, read 46,120 times

Advertisements

Job is the most important aspect for a siccessful immigration....

How to find a first job in Montreal with basic level of French skills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 10:18 AM

123 posts, read 332,561 times
what is your area of expertise?

Old 03-18-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish View Post
what is your area of expertise?

Oracle DBA and a Tutor for Database Programming, Database Administration, MS Office (Advanced) and many related subjects.

Oracle Certification Trainer (Several Years work with Oracle as a tutor) and few years work with UK based University in a GCC country. I teach based on Student Centred Learning.

Very good in data management, documentation, store management, process development and process and mapping.

Computer Support (Desktop repairing), Software support for Desktop, Laptop and Android based machines

As I have seen many sales associate and Post devlivery jobs are available, so at begining I could work in these areas as well to integrate myself with the market. However, I prefer these jobs as part time or 1pm to 9pm timings.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:37 PM

Mostly teaching? DBA any industry experience? Sybase DB2 etc? I think you will get job. You may not even need french.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBGOLD View Post
Oracle DBA and a Tutor for Database Programming, Database Administration, MS Office (Advanced) and many related subjects.

Oracle Certification Trainer (Several Years work with Oracle as a tutor) and few years work with UK based University in a GCC country. I teach based on Student Centred Learning.

Very good in data management, documentation, store management, process development and process and mapping.

Computer Support (Desktop repairing), Software support for Desktop, Laptop and Android based machines

As I have seen many sales associate and Post devlivery jobs are available, so at begining I could work in these areas as well to integrate myself with the market. However, I prefer these jobs as part time or 1pm to 9pm timings.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Mostly teaching? DBA any industry experience? Sybase DB2 etc? I think you will get job. You may not even need french.
Thanks for reply.

Well mix of teaching an industry both.

Mainly Oracle SQL Server and MS Access.

At teaching I was involved in very professional trainings

Old 03-19-2015, 03:10 PM

I can suggest you to start from publishing your resume on linkedin profile and then use job boards on Linkedin, publish your brief info and work history. Let all placement agents know that you are in market for job.(half of you work is done here)
Then go to major companies in Montreal's websites and apply through career link.
Finally go through jobs listed on websites like Workopolis, Monster, Canadajobs.com etc etc.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:50 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,176,317 times
Quote:
I can suggest you to start from publishing your resume on linkedin profile and then use job boards on Linkedin, publish your brief info and work history. Let all placement agents know that you are in market for job.(half of you work is done here)
Then go to major companies in Montreal's websites and apply through career link.
Finally go through jobs listed on websites like Workopolis, Monster, Canadajobs.com etc etc.
Good advice, and make sure you change your Linkedin Profile location to Montreal, QC - so that recruiters who view your profile will know you are local in Montreal. I find that is crucial if you want to get head hunters/recruiters' attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal