Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 02:16 PM

123 posts, read 278,389 times

Advertisements

As the title says? Does anyone have anything good to say about BofA mortgages. I personally bank with BofA. I have never really had any problems with them.
Just started the process of buying a home, should be pretty much straight forward. New build house, putting 20% down very low income to pay ratio (30yr fixed conv loan). Solid employment history with same employer. Only issue is house is in a different state? but I am staying with my current employer and just moving states.
Open to all and any advice. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 02:41 PM

1,673 posts, read 7,018,907 times
I have found their customer service to be horrible. It is as if they know they are the biggest around and what do they need you for.

I would suggest you contact a broker in your area to assist you. The process will go smoother and quicker, assuming you are working with a good broker. As friends or relatives for a referral.

Your only issue will not be an issue as long as you are working with same company and can prove they are transferring you.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:01 PM

152 posts, read 478,351 times
I am planning to go with a BofA mortgage because they are a "preferred vendor" through my employer - so I basically get their loan origination fee waived. I'm planning to do an FHA, 30-yr fixed with 10% down.

So far no problems in dealing with the sales guy now who is out of state - will let you know if we run into problems once we're in underwriting.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:46 PM

995 posts, read 3,930,036 times
I had smoother experience with them than most other ppl here.

The good thing about them is your accounts will be linked because you're a customer.
That means you can make extra pmts at any time you want using transfer.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:34 AM

835 posts, read 3,978,397 times
I am a LO for a broker and have not had any problems with B of A through the wholesale division. Closed about 45 loans with them last year and not one had a problem. All of the bad "press" on their loan process has been with the retail end of the business so as Victor said get a referral and go through a broker.

I also have my personal mortgage with them and never a problem as a consumer either.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:26 AM

64 posts, read 195,741 times
I have banked with them for about 10 yrs, and they just bought my mortgage from my lender, Ive never had any issues with them...and I hope to keep it that way...

Old 02-23-2010, 12:48 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,939 times
Been banking with BOA for many years, on my mortgage have Wells Fargo - recently refinanced @ 4.5% fixed no loan origination fee. Appraisal and processing $660.

Last year did a debt settlement on my BOA credit card - still waiting for my 1099-C to be mailed to me, to file with my taxes. Spent an hour on the phone this morning, telling them did not receive the one they mailed out, and had them resend another one.

By name you can tell the work I do - for example look at how they handle mortgages, one of their biggest mistakes was picking up JP Morgan and Countrywide loans. They are so backed up right now on loan modifications, plus all the foreclosures. Trying to get through to their customer service is impossible.

Out of the last ten years working in financing. It is my personal opinion BOA is good for checking and savings. - when it comes to mortgages, there are better choices.

Good Luck

Old 02-23-2010, 12:58 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
My last mortgage was with them. I never had any problems.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:21 PM

28 posts, read 91,439 times
My mortgage is with BOA...NEVER had a problem with them.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:32 PM

324 posts, read 862,699 times
I have a mortgage with BOA, no problem with them at all. My agent/broker was great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages