Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 09:58 AM

68 posts, read 162,648 times

Advertisements

'newly constructed home for sale. 2 story, 2800 sq. ft. 3 bdrm, 4 bath, finished basement w/3 car garage. Owner financing. $7,000 down payment. 30 yr. fixed rate mortgage at 6%. No points. $800 closing fee. '

Is Owner Financing a good way to go? Does this sound good?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Debbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 10:12 AM

376 posts, read 1,505,910 times
Make sure the contract is firm and reviewed with an expert and all your interest are covered, inspections, apprasials included, etc.

Look at seller financing like this, isn't it great to be able to use someone elses money. No different then borrowing from a bank.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:18 AM

68 posts, read 162,648 times
Thumbs down OK never mind...

I just spoke with the seller/builder and the house is selling for $495,000!!
Way out of my price range.I could never afford the mortgage on that house!
It would cost more than what I take in every month for peets sake!
Anyway I want to thank you for the reply.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:13 PM

781 posts, read 3,816,782 times
Even so.....if it was in your price range, owning financing is fine as long as you have a valid contract that spells out all terms. Then have a real estate lawyer review it before signing. Many folks who do not need the money from the house but want a monthly income use owner financing as an alternative.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:37 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,291,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiest23 View Post
'newly constructed home for sale. 2 story, 2800 sq. ft. 3 bdrm, 4 bath, finished basement w/3 car garage. Owner financing. $7,000 down payment. 30 yr. fixed rate mortgage at 6%. No points. $800 closing fee. '

Debbie
Debbie -- regardless of the price point issue -- I absolutely, positively, and very truly mean no offense whatsoever . . . I just don't see how you can get a qualified, educated, etc. answer to this type of question. City, State, specific neighborhood, safety, crime, demographics, schools, house(s) of worship, transportation, shopping, political and ethnic landscape, and so many more items might or might not come into play here. The house itself -- quality, workmanship, construction, inspection, and so on.

Now, economics -- cash flow, tax benefits, opportunity costs (and recovered opportunity costs), and so on.

Buying a home is a big decision. Perhaps one that some people take too lightly. Anyway, good luck!

Old 11-09-2007, 02:07 PM

781 posts, read 3,816,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
Debbie -- regardless of the price point issue -- I absolutely, positively, and very truly mean no offense whatsoever . . . I just don't see how you can get a qualified, educated, etc. answer to this type of question. City, State, specific neighborhood, safety, crime, demographics, schools, house(s) of worship, transportation, shopping, political and ethnic landscape, and so many more items might or might not come into play here. The house itself -- quality, workmanship, construction, inspection, and so on.

Now, economics -- cash flow, tax benefits, opportunity costs (and recovered opportunity costs), and so on.

Buying a home is a big decision. Perhaps one that some people take too lightly. Anyway, good luck!
I thought the OP was just asking about "owner financing".......

Old 11-09-2007, 02:26 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,291,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez4 View Post
I thought the OP was just asking about "owner financing".......
Got it. I know/see that was one question, and that's important. The rest of the post landed with me, more as a "is this a good deal". I just read it as the title stated and the rest of the post. Anyway -- owner financing to me is not a problem. I view it like any other lender and would treat the transaction the same way.

Does this House For Sale sound like a good deal?

Debbie

Last edited by EANJ; 11-09-2007 at 02:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages