Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 930 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband and I just built a home. The house has been ready for two or more weeks. We were giving a closing date of June 30th. Well that week we were told sorry we can not close on the 30th it will now be the 10th.

Well I emailed our loan officer yesterday to see what time on the 10th we would be closing because I needed to tell my job. He then replied we are not closing on the 10th. I said please EXPLAIN to me why, he couldn't really tell us why, all he said was paperwork.

I then called our attorney that will be doing the closing to tell him what is going on, he called him and said he was waiting on the appraisal to come back!

HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THAT THE APPRAISAL WILL TAKE????????????

we have to be out of our rented apartment on the 15th, more renters are moving in on the 16th!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 11:06 AM

19,478 posts, read 28,061,697 times
where's your Realtor in all of this? You did have a realtor to represent you, right?

Old 07-08-2014, 02:26 PM

3,803 posts, read 9,355,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak123 View Post
Hi, my husband and I just built a home. The house has been ready for two or more weeks. We were giving a closing date of June 30th. Well that week we were told sorry we can not close on the 30th it will now be the 10th.

Well I emailed our loan officer yesterday to see what time on the 10th we would be closing because I needed to tell my job. He then replied we are not closing on the 10th. I said please EXPLAIN to me why, he couldn't really tell us why, all he said was paperwork.

I then called our attorney that will be doing the closing to tell him what is going on, he called him and said he was waiting on the appraisal to come back!

we have to be out of our rented apartment on the 15th, more renters are moving in on the 16th!!!!
The house may not be "ready." Do you know if the builder has obtained the Certificate of Occupancy? Do you know if the appraisal's initial designation was "Subject To" various items being completed, and now that completion may be what you await?

The attorney will be the last to know anything. Cut and paste this to your lender, his/her manager, and that person's manager:

"I need a thorough, written list of every single item that is needed for us to close. I am contacting The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau TODAY. I will report you to every consumer and government body that handles issues such as the one that YOUR mis-management of my file has created. Contact me immediately."

Then do it: Submit a complaint > Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

If you like, tell us what company it is, some of us know people who can help at various companies.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:54 AM

8,683 posts, read 23,017,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak123 View Post

Before you start firing off complaints, I recommend you pull your contract out and read it, closely, and more than one time until you completely understand what YOU signed. Rarely, very rarely, are new homes delivered on a target date and the contract is heavily slanted in the builder's favor. The result of your complaint could be "consumer didn't read contract."

Nothing you have said is sending any alarms other than you've been a victim of poor communication, by both the loan officer and the builder. Some questions: does your contract require your builder to provide written notice of closing and has that occurred yet? Have you been provided with a loan commitment? And if so, was the appraisal on that list? What else was on there? As someone else asked, did you make this purchase without a Realtor?

Both your contract and mortgage paperwork should spell out the process. Find where the builder or lender didn't comply and then file your complaint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages