Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 08:03 PM

15 posts, read 61,906 times

Advertisements

I have applied for a deed in lieu and have been told that my application is in the hands of the underwriter ate this time. What exactly is the underwriter going to do. Basically my monthly income is equal if not less then my expenses. I am definitely struggling financially but am current on my payments while these negoitations are going on. I am moving home in December to help my mom with my grandfather and father who both just had major surgeries. My grandfather is still in the hospital and isnt doing well. I will never be able to afford the mortgage on this place and rent up north. Will the underwriter look strictly at my finances or will they take my family medical siutaion inot consideration. I will also be getting a new job and am not sure if my salary will be the same. Any and all advice that may help show the underwriter how badly i need this to be accepted is much appreciated. If a deed in lieu is not accepted do the underwriters help you find a solution or do they close the case?
Thanks, MB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 08:11 PM

8,676 posts, read 22,929,260 times
To the best of my knowledge, most of us are in new loan originations. Your loan is with loss mitigation, something we are not really exposed to and it would be unfair for us to guess at what the criteria could be.

Keep your eyes open for someone that says they work in loan modifications, and even then, those folks are trying to keep their home.

If I could help, I would, but I have to plead no knowledge.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:54 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,917,416 times
Matty

An Underwriter is a person that reviews, creates loan conditions and approves new loans and refinances. It sounds like you are working with the loss mitigation department at your lender.

A deed in lieu of foreclosure, is you are giving up your home. basically leaving the keys to your home and walking away.

It sounds like you are trying to work out a loan modification with your lender? I'm confused by your description above - why are you discussing income, if your are giving up your home?

What paperwork did you send them, what are you hoping to acheive?

If you are looking to leave your home and move up north to take care of your parents and grandfather. You should write a "letter of intent" and send registered mail, so you have proof of their receipt.

If you are looking to save your home, PM me.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:41 PM

when i approached the lender about my situation they told me to list it for sale as a short sale. I did that and then since all the medical stuff started to happen with my family i realized i needed to move sooner then later. Since there was no offers on the condo if over 6 months we lowered it and still no offers. The Lender then sent me an application packet for a deed in lieu which they needed bank statements, tax forms, hardship letter, and all the other things needed to complete the packet. The person negotiating for me did fax the packet and also sent it certified mail. The Lender currently has the whole packet along with BPO and we were just informed it is in the hands of the underwriter on 10/22 and will take about 2 weeks for review and approval. Ultimately I need to get rid of this condo because i cant afford to pay for 1 down here and then rent up north. I know it will affect my credit but i can repair that and my family needs my help. thans for your reply

Old 10-30-2008, 11:26 AM

768 posts, read 4,343,311 times
The underwriter will review the documentation provided to determine if you meet their eligibility critiera for a short sale. They are probably more concerned with the BPO than what you've provided for yourself, but will review everything in detail. I, too, haven't had a lot of experience with the foreclosure/loss mitigation side of things but if they said 2 weeks then I'd give them a full 2 weeks. If they don't approve the deed in lieu of foreclosure then you'd have to see about just walking away from it and what potential damage that could do (could a judgment be placed against your credit?).

Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 PM

i know that FL is a judgement deficiency state so ultimatly a judgement could be rendered against me if I just walked away. I am praying hard that the lender will want to work with me to resolve this problem.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:34 PM

768 posts, read 4,343,311 times
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages