Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 07:34 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure where to post this but here goes: We HAD a mortgage with Bank of America (BoA), refinanced last Sept. w/our credit union to get a better rate. I happened to look at the homeowner's insurance continuation notice and see: Primary Mortgagee as BAC Home Loans Servicing, LP - and a 2nd Mortgagee as our credit union. I start getting scared, "who the (*&& is BAC Home Loans...?" - after googling, I find that it appears to be a company that BoA sells/sold bad loans to (as well as others that say no problems). Anyway: we NEVER had a late payment, problem, anything and they were paid off in Sept. '09. I'm just freaking because I can't get in touch w/insurance company until Monday.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 09:38 PM

768 posts, read 4,342,591 times
Insurance provider probably just messed up and put the credit union as the 2nd when it should have been put as the 1st. Nothing to worry about, you can have your insurance agent contact the credit union or you can inform the credit union about it and they'll contact your insurance agent to get it straightened out.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:00 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,922,371 times
Simple mistake, easily fixed.

Call them Monday. They will send out a notice to BAC (Bank of America Corp) that they are no longer the named mortgagee. I'm amazed your current first trust lender hasn't issued you warnings of non-insurance.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:02 AM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Thanks for the posts - I got worried because BAC is supposedly a debt collection branch. I'll call insurance tomorrow.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:23 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
Insurance companies screw up all the time.

I got a letter, awhile back,stating I had violated terms of my farm mortgage cuz I dropped my insurance policy with State Farm.

State farm notified my bank.

First off, I have never had insurance on my farm thru State Farm. I had it for 35 years thru a different company.

My son ( different first name) did have insurance with them and cancelled it when he sold his house. Different address, different bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages