Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 09:58 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,174 times

Advertisements

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-BMW-F800R-Black-600x450.jpg
Views:	4082
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	113145

i want!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 10:01 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Yeah, I have been eyeing that bike for a while.
Then someone shows up in my trauma room with a tib/fib fracture and I put it off again.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:33 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,423,827 times
I had a Miserable experience with a BMtroubleU a few years back. I won't own another, I advise people away from them and in fact, if at all possible, I'll never ride one again (MC mechanic though, I take what work comes to me). Parts availability is slow and prices on those parts are right up there with the most expensive I've had to find for Any bike, ever.

For the money, I'd take the Triumph Tiger 800 XC, or pony up a little more and go to the KTM 990 Adv (if there's any Serious off-roading in your future). But, I've had my first impression of BMW and it was bitter... others don't feel the same way. And if you're looking for brand recognition (do you own an iPhone?) then BMW may be the best fit.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
I had a Miserable experience with a BMtroubleU a few years back. I won't own another, I advise people away from them and in fact, if at all possible, I'll never ride one again (MC mechanic though, I take what work comes to me). Parts availability is slow and prices on those parts are right up there with the most expensive I've had to find for Any bike, ever.

For the money, I'd take the Triumph Tiger 800 XC, or pony up a little more and go to the KTM 990 Adv (if there's any Serious off-roading in your future). But, I've had my first impression of BMW and it was bitter... others don't feel the same way. And if you're looking for brand recognition (do you own an iPhone?) then BMW may be the best fit.
I've never riden a BMW, but I'm lusting over the looks. I will test drive it one day though, but I may have to test the Triumph as well as I like the looks of those as well.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:06 PM

Well, I just test rode the F800R and she is sweet. A little bit rough on the hands after awhile. I think an upgrade on the handle bars would take care of that. I want to test ride the Triumph Triple Street as I keep reading that it is the best of it's class for the naked bikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles