Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2008, 11:18 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

With mileage of 80 mpg or more, a scooter can obviously save you money at the gas pump. But there are other factors to think about, including: When would you break even? Try the calculator below.

I am an accountant. Before I bought a scooter, I created a spreadsheet.

Is a scooter the answer? - MSN Money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 12:32 PM

38 posts, read 83,105 times
Is the scooter is the answer. China just got OFF the scooter enmasse...and have joined the 21st century by being the biggest consumers of cars, and we Americans should give up ours and do their "scooter thing?"...............so they are going forward and we are going backwards?

We conserve fuel while India and China are at a break neck speed guzzling fuel and are becoming the biggest out of control polluters.

Let China/India keep their bikes and scooters.....America HAS to go forward with INNOVATION to fuel SUVs...with clean, recycable energy.

I saved $700 in delivery charges alone since I got my SUV. I am keeping it.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:08 PM

238 posts, read 669,079 times
just bought a bergman 650! 16.00 to fill up and can ride almost 400 miles on a tank plus it can go 120 mph, not that i need that speed but nice to know i have it if needed.= car is 60.00 to fill up and go 500 miles.. hummm....NO BRAIN-ER for me - i drive 400 plus miles a week so i will save 50.00 a week

We have been looking for one for a month and find them to be sold out. we feel very lucky to have found this one. most dealers are out till oct and the price is going up.

I am female and can handle / ride it ... its also butt loads of fun. The car is in the garage to be used on rainy / cold days.

Gas will be 5-6 bucks a gallon by the end of the year and i refuse to pay 80 dollars a week to fill her up. Frankly ,i don't care what china is or is not doing,its time to look out for me " an American"!

Happy Scooting............

Old 07-13-2008, 02:12 PM

625 posts, read 4,571,751 times
If Americans have to spend all their money on gas to get to work and are paying higher prices for food just to eat, I bet Chinese fuel consumption will go down because no one will be able to afford all the products they make, which caused their increased consumption in the first place.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:29 PM

238 posts, read 669,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
With mileage of 80 mpg or more, a scooter can obviously save you money at the gas pump. But there are other factors to think about, including: When would you break even? Try the calculator below.

I am an accountant. Before I bought a scooter, I created a spreadsheet.

Is a scooter the answer? - MSN Money
Well lets play with some #'s:

Lets Say

Your Car = If you spend $10 a day for gas x 365 days x 25 years. Then the $$ you put in your tank vs into an interest bearing investment. You have lost about $375,000.

Your Scooter = $1 per day for gas x 365 x 25 years. then the $$ you put in your tank vs interest bearing account is only @$37,500.

HOLY SMOKES $375k vs 37.5k You make the call...The Arabs would love to have your $$.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:30 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Not for evrybody. They are just like motorcycles in being much more dangerous in a wreck and not having much rubber on the road ;not very good at braking in a hurry. Then of course they are worse in the rain. Buit if you gto to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles