Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2010, 10:48 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times

Advertisements

(This film was based on a true story)

As in the early to mid 70's, Hollywood and other production houses, were releasing dozens of 'blackploitation' films...that played both on Americas fear and intrigue of inner city wranglings...

Well, there's kinda of a second generation of films like that...that again kinda play on Americas fear, fascination and intrigue of inner city wranglings...

And one such film is 'Blood Line'...

The premise is simple...two young brothers being raised in the slums of Miami by a negligent mother...two brothers, same mother, different fathers...

Well one day, after one of the brothers gets arrested for 'fighting'...(no charges filed)...the father is outraged, and shows up to take his son back...
But by this time the two brothers had formed a bond, in this wretched enviornment they lived in together...

After that...the movie follows their two paths in life...the one brother, taken by his father, is educated and groomed to be a cop...the other brother who was left behind in the slums, is educated to the ways of the streets, by a powerful drug lord...

(Again, this is based on a true story)

So throughout the film...your watching the development of both brothers, under different circumstances and values...

And even though the film has a slight 'B' film feel to it, it actually delivers...by that I mean it deals with some solid themes we all face in life...decisions, circumstances, and loyalties...

I've seen films with 10 times the budget of this film, come out far worse.

This film takes you deep inside of Miamis underworld 'Wallstreet' of corruption, public officials, money, guns and drugs'...

It's a movie worth seeing, in my opinion...

And does a good job at showing how enviornment plays such a heavy role in a kids life...One kid became a cop, simply because his father removed him from the 'slums'...cared for him, and instructed him in law, order, and values...

And the other kid, who was abandoned, and left behind, was approached, by a drug lord, who cared for him, and instructed him in profit, money, and power...

And eventually the Brothers, now grown, both succesful in what they do, meet up again...and for the rest, I suggest watching the movie...

I enjoyed it...and if your into these type of films, I think you will too...again it's titled 'Bloodline'...it's a fairly new release...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies