Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 08:39 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,236,937 times

Advertisements

I know for a fact this movie is going to suck

Tyler Perry is overrated and he lacks creativity and talent when it comes to filmmaking. He should just stick to Madea movies.

I know that is harsh, but he has no business making this movie. He's going to butcher the hell out of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 08:39 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,800,716 times
I could carless what the title is. Movies are made yearly without blacks or people of color. Most of us go and enjoy the show.

How about the next time you go to the movies or see a coming attraction count how many blacks are stared.

Please don't start with the outrage of no "whites" in the movie. When you start to care about how many blacks aren't in movies, then and only then will I listen.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:37 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,975,442 times
Anyone else have issues with the title - "For Colored Girls"? I thought calling someone "colored" was almost as bad as calling them the "N" word.

I havent seen the movie, but some of the women I am facebook friends with all posted that it was "DEEP". Whatever that means.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:39 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,235,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
When you start to care about how many blacks aren't in movies, then and only then will I listen.
So, it sounds as if you're only interested in listening to a Black Supremacist. I think your xenophobia is hurtful.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:00 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,402,671 times
Lol people always complaining about reverse racism...smh

Old 11-12-2010, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Lol people always complaining about reverse racism...smh
How do you define racism in reverse?

Old 11-12-2010, 09:22 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,402,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
How do you define racism in reverse?
Come on- stop all the rhetoric bs, and quit trying to hijack this thread. You are either going to support the movie or you are not.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Come on- stop all the rhetoric bs, and quit trying to hijack this thread. You are either going to support the movie or you are not.
I was just asking because I thought racism was addressed in the film, so I was wondering how reverse racism is defined.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:28 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,236,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Anyone else have issues with the title - "For Colored Girls"? I thought calling someone "colored" was almost as bad as calling them the "N" word.

I havent seen the movie, but some of the women I am facebook friends with all posted that it was "DEEP". Whatever that means.
I'd suggest reading up on the movie before you start ranting about that BS.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:40 PM

72 posts, read 135,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
Why does every billboard in Los Angeles that advertises the film show a Black woman? The billboards themselves seem a little xenophobic and intolerant to me as they lack diversity.
Black women are featured on the billboards, because they star in the movie. Did you have the same issues with movies that feature only white actors, like for example, "It's complicated?" I saw the movie because I think Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin are good actors, but there were NO minorities in the film whatsoever. There are countless movies that ONLY feature white actors and actresses.

Far too many talented black actresses are locked out of roles, because they are consistently told by casting directors that they do not 'fit the part.' Tyler Perry has given these talented actors a job, and it's great to see such an array of beautiful black women on the big screen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies