Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:23 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,419,009 times

Advertisements

Like when you and others are watching a movie whether it's at a house or movie theater and someone is constantly talking through the movie like they don't care! Especially by ruining the movie if that person had seen the movie before they will say out loud of what will happen next which just messes the movie up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 08:22 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,488,242 times
This is why I hardly watch movies in the theater anymore. At home I can watch blu ray movies on my big screen hi def dressed in my underwear with my balls hanging out

Old 01-28-2011, 08:24 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,452,067 times
It does happen, rarely. When it does, if I am close enough to the offender, I turn and glare. If that doesnt get thru to them, I politely ask them to knock it off. If that doesnt work, its out to find a manager. It is rude behavior and it ruins the movie experience for those of us who want to watch in peace.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:33 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,748 times
It rarely happens when I go to movies. If they do talk I just ask them to be quiet.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:08 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,380,028 times
I can live with people enjoying a movie and talking about it a little. Unrelated conversation is irritating, though. The real problem, I think (and why I rarely go to movies anymore) is that there's always some kids texting the whole time and the lighted screen is distracting. Last time was 3 boys, all texting the entire movie. For $12 a ticket, and munchies costing more than my first car, I'll wait to buy most movies on DVD.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:28 PM

371 posts, read 597,126 times
When I go to the movies, the people are actually really good about not doing that.
Its usually at school, or at home or at a party when people who are only there because their friends there [and to talk] won't shut up. I really hate it, too, but who wouldn't?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:16 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,222,606 times
Your thread title sums up nicely why I haven't been to a theater showing of a movie for over 15 years.

The sense of entitlement, rampant discourtesy, and blank looks if you challenge their actions simply isn't worth the jail time I'd have to serve if I decided to raise their consciousness.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:26 PM

50 posts, read 111,852 times
I lived with someone who talked through the movies, whether it was at home or in the theater, for 14 years. I finally resorted to closed captions when at home under the pretense that it was "me" who could not hear. Thankfully, in the theater they would politely whisper, thus avoiding scrutiny by others, but it was still annoying to me.

That, and driving 60 mph in city traffic with the cruise control on were only a couple of reasons for the "divorce".

Last edited by tellitetre; 01-28-2011 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 01-28-2011, 05:57 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,222,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellitetre View Post
I lived with someone who talked through the movies, whether it was at home or in the theater, for 14 years. I finally resorted to closed captions when at home under the pretense that it was "me" who could not hear. Thankfully, in the theater they would politely whisper, thus avoiding scrutiny by others, but it was still annoying to me.

That, and driving 60 mph in city traffic with the cruise control on were only a couple of reasons for the "divorce".
Naw, it was the blinking right-turn signal that was never turned off that broke the camel's back, admit it.

(Sorry for the brief thread hijack, muy bad.)

Old 01-28-2011, 08:48 PM

42 posts, read 79,552 times
Ask them to stop. If that doesn't work, then go report them. If the management does not go into the theatre and warn them (or remove them with the help of security). Then, demand your money back because they were inneffective at solving the problem and you couldn't watch the movie as there were no reasonable accommodations.

OR... You could try sitting behind them and every time they start up again, throw something at them! But use the cheap popcorn, the candy is too expensive. hee hee hee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies