Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 12:55 PM

128 posts, read 461,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggd View Post
i hope they can someday realize that drugs are an absolute waste of time.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 05:24 PM

652 posts, read 2,804,518 times
I'm absolutely sick and tired of rich people who believe our laws don't apply to them.

With all the money she has, she can't find any enriching activities that don't endanger the lives of others?

Old 07-26-2007, 05:39 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,854 times
why is it that everyone in the public eye who gets into alcohol and/or drug- related trouble plays the rehab card? driving while intoxicated doesn't mean you're an addict; it means you're stupid and intoxicated! some young people like to party and indulge in mind-altering substances, and rich ones like lindsay lohan and britney spears can afford to indulge more than most. while i don't doubt that some will develop genuine addictions, i'm sure most of them continue the behavior because they find it enjoyable, and they don't want to stop. all this yo-yo "rehabbing" is crap, and makes a mockery of the process for people who are stuggling with real addictions, and are trying to straighten out their lives. i wish these pampered brats would stop trying to have it both ways: on the one hand, they want to party and have a good time, but when confronted by the negative consequences of their behavior, they want to blame an "illness" and run to malibu for "medical intervention." can't their publicists come up with anything better than that? it's truly tiresome-- and insulting.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:24 PM

636 posts, read 2,644,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
I'm absolutely sick and tired of rich people who believe our laws don't apply to them.

With all the money she has, she can't find any enriching activities that don't endanger the lives of others?
Amen. She's got a zillion dollars...why not pay someone to drive?

Old 07-27-2007, 06:00 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,338,965 times
Before I sobered up for good, I leared about how wonderful taxis can be.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:28 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
why is it that everyone in the public eye who gets into alcohol and/or drug- related trouble plays the rehab card? driving while intoxicated doesn't mean you're an addict; it means you're stupid and intoxicated! some young people like to party and indulge in mind-altering substances, and rich ones like lindsay lohan and britney spears can afford to indulge more than most. while i don't doubt that some will develop genuine addictions, i'm sure most of them continue the behavior because they find it enjoyable, and they don't want to stop. all this yo-yo "rehabbing" is crap, and makes a mockery of the process for people who are stuggling with real addictions, and are trying to straighten out their lives. i wish these pampered brats would stop trying to have it both ways: on the one hand, they want to party and have a good time, but when confronted by the negative consequences of their behavior, they want to blame an "illness" and run to malibu for "medical intervention." can't their publicists come up with anything better than that? it's truly tiresome-- and insulting.
Many actors and actresses can't work unless they go into rehab. Insurance companies will refuse to insure them otherwise and movie studios will not hire them. The concern is the coked up drunk star will stop showing up on set half way through a production and cost the studio millions if not tens of millions of dollars. So no rehab, no work. Of course, it's self serving, and no star will sober up until they reach rock bottom, and I doubt LL is really even interested in sobering up. She's just going back into rehab because she has to or her career is over.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:00 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Many actors and actresses can't work unless they go into rehab. Insurance companies will refuse to insure them otherwise and movie studios will not hire them. The concern is the coked up drunk star will stop showing up on set half way through a production and cost the studio millions if not tens of millions of dollars. So no rehab, no work. Of course, it's self serving, and no star will sober up until they reach rock bottom, and I doubt LL is really even interested in sobering up. She's just going back into rehab because she has to or her career is over.
your use of the term "sobering up" presupposes she has an addiction. i'm presupposing she's full of ****!

Old 07-28-2007, 12:33 AM

578 posts, read 2,529,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rats View Post
finally, that stupid ***** will be going to jail! everyone in LA can rejoice!

Lindsay Lohan is arrested again - Los Angeles Times (broken link)
Lohan Hit With Drug and Alcohol Arrest - Forbes.com (broken link)
Betcha she wont go to jail. That is why they hire attys. for themselves; to buy their way out of it. Nicole Ritchie got 4 days, think she will serve all of it? probably not.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:36 AM

578 posts, read 2,529,725 times
That idotic Elizabteh Hollersback...The View, she was defending the "family illness' her dad just got out after 2yrs. locked up..Jeesh! anybody who does that amount of time due to booze or other drugs; needs a bullet to the head, not Anabuse because he uses the excuse "its an illness". She is responsible for the choices she makes. Nobody held her arm behind her and said "here snort this, drink that, get your asst. to score some smack"...she made the choice, plain and simple.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:21 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rats View Post
finally, that stupid ***** will be going to jail! everyone in LA can rejoice!

Lindsay Lohan is arrested again - Los Angeles Times (broken link)
Lohan Hit With Drug and Alcohol Arrest - Forbes.com (broken link)
Ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies