Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:15 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,283,165 times

Advertisements

... a new level of over-rated movie? A la Paranormal Activity 1 and 2?

Or will this one actually be any good?

I'm not counting on it. They need to stop making this garbage pseudo-horror flick. It sucks.

Who agrees with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 02:13 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,624,575 times
I didn't see any of them so I can't even snark on them properly. I get annoyed by the "jumpy" camera technique though. I can't see sitting through a whole movie of that.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:08 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
... a new level of over-rated movie? A la Paranormal Activity 1 and 2?

Or will this one actually be any good?

I'm not counting on it. They need to stop making this garbage pseudo-horror flick. It sucks.

Who agrees with me?
The 'found footage" genre is, like the 3-D trend, being overdone. I saw both and found the 1st one to be effective, mostly because it was suttle scares..Like the sheets slowly moving. In part 2 it just seemed corny with the woman being dragged down the stairs. It was overdone. The best scares are the small, slow building ones-Like a movement out of focus, or a shadow peeking out of a doorway. The fear of the unknown and a presence in the house with you when alone at night. Stuff like that.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:32 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,931 times
They're making a third? Sounds terrible. Hopefully the hype died with the last one.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:00 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,926 times
Hmmm. I seen the first two so I am tempted to see the 3rd one but the reviews or so mixed. Some people I know who seen say it's the best one of the 3, other people say the last 15 minutes are the best moments and worth seeing, then other people say "If you seen the first two, you'll love the 3rd but if you haven't it's not worth it", THEN I hear that it's nothing I have to rush out and go see etc.

Personally, I was fond of the first one. I have to admit, it was the first horror movie in years that actually kind of scared and creeped me out because of the atmosphere and build up, which I appreciated a lot because the whole "teenagers being haunted down in a forest by a maniacal monster" formula doesn't cut it at all with me these days. I like that the first one dealt more with sound than anything else. The second one was okay, that's all I can say for it.

I've never been undecided for a movie before. One hour I really want to see it, the next hour I'm not sure if I should waste 12 plus bucks.

I'm waiting for some reviews for people on here.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:40 PM

8,325 posts, read 13,459,826 times
The most horrific thing about the series is the fact that they have been made and even more scary, they will make more as long as people who actually like this garbage continues to go see them.

Amazing how gullible people are to believe the events that occurred in the movie are actually true just because smart movie makers state it was "based on true events" or "inspired by true events" when it is likely that the most uninteresting and lame parts were true and the most amazing parts were all exaggerated or untrue.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
The first one did kind of creep me out ~ mainly all the footage of the lady just standing by the bed and the way the camera showed her moving. Certainly not the scariest movie I have ever seen - but NOT as bad as the Blair Witch Project because the camera didn't move as much.

I'm glad I didn't go to the theatre to see it.

Probably I'll watch the third one when it hits "On Demand".

Old 10-23-2011, 12:04 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,203,997 times
All these movie elitists thinking they're opinion is correct.

smh

Old 10-23-2011, 12:53 AM

8,325 posts, read 13,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
All these movie elitists thinking they're opinion is correct.

smh
From your sarcasm, I take it you liked the series? If so, then good for you but you do not need to get all bent out of shape because some of us thought otherwise. We simply share our opinion here on the forum. This is a topic of cinema taste and there really is no right or wrong.

Your grammar though, that is a different story...

Old 10-23-2011, 05:45 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
The most horrific thing about the series is the fact that they have been made and even more scary, they will make more as long as people who actually like this garbage continues to go see them.

Amazing how gullible people are to believe the events that occurred in the movie are actually true just because smart movie makers state it was "based on true events" or "inspired by true events" when it is likely that the most uninteresting and lame parts were true and the most amazing parts were all exaggerated or untrue.

Um, actually I'm pretty sure 95% of people know it's NOT real. Sure, the public can be naive but not THAT naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies